05 WRF450 suspension...

I'm thinking about getting one of these bikes but have a question regarding the suspension. Do they deliver a plush ride over roots/rocks opr are they getting too moto/western US oriented?

I've read (in DirtRider) that the suspension feels a little firm for eastern riding and a bit unbalanced. How do you guys REALLY think it handles - turns, roots, rocks, etc.?

depends on what you weigh and how fast you go. i weigh alot and go very fast,so it was way too soft on mine when i got it. even after installing the proper springs,it was still too soft. i've finally got the front straight but even after revalve the rear still goes right thru the stroke,gonna have to send the shock back out!? its hard to find a balance between low speed maneuvers and flat out gettin'it.?

I'm thinking about getting one of these bikes but have a question regarding the suspension. Do they deliver a plush ride over roots/rocks opr are they getting too moto/western US oriented?

I've read (in DirtRider) that the suspension feels a little firm for eastern riding and a bit unbalanced. How do you guys REALLY think it handles - turns, roots, rocks, etc.?

The bike turns very well.. Carry the weight down low and has a real comfortable riding position. Suspension is very plush.. I sware, it feel like it's impossible to bottom the thing out.. The bars are nice for sitting down but for standing up they feel a bit swept back for my liking.

When I first got my bike, the front would bottom out over jumps. I realized that the factory settings on the forks are way off. I backed out all the way on the front forks. 11 clicks on the right and only 7 on the left is how it came from the dealer. Readjusted and it was fine. Front fork seals started leaking so I am revalving with the racetech gold valve kit on the front and put a 5.6kg spring on the rear to help hold up my beer belly:D ? . Will check that set up this weekend at CA City:smirk: ? :cry:

Desert,

Do you think your fork seals started leaking because of the bottoming or that it was another issue? I don't want to replace a lot of fork seals like my friend's 426. Yes, I do know they're different forks.

New 450, I am not trying to kidnap your thread, I just don't want to post one exactly like it ?

My 05 has the stock suspension, as a matter a fact I didnt even set the sag before I went out riding ? , anyway now I am very interested in setting up the suspension for enduro type riding.

I am 6'3 and weigh 218 lbs with stock clicker settings, I should probably be running a much softer suspension as mentioned in the suspension forum, also what is the recomended tire pressure's??

Desert,

Do you think your fork seals started leaking because of the bottoming or that it was another issue? I don't want to replace a lot of fork seals like my friend's 426. Yes, I do know they're different forks.

Not really sure-I'm sure that didn't help but I am putting sealsavers on the forks to keep the debris out. Check them out at:http://www.sealsavers.com/abi002/webpage.cfm?WebPage_ID=1&DID=19

?