05 WR450 electrical system wattage

Does anyone know what the wattage output is on an 05 WR450 with the stock stator? I know one nameless dual sport kit company says they require a stator rewind for higher output, and other kits say they don't...

Well, all of the kits are freaking expensive, so I'm looking at using my stock headlight and tail light assemblies, and just adding the turn signals and switches. I just want to make sure I don't over-do the electrical system on that bike.

Also, has anyone replaced their ignition button with a keyed swtich? Any recommendations?

the +6 and +8 oz. flywheels from steahly bump the output 20% (or sumthin' like that) over stock w/out changing the stator. $150, quality stuff. i believe the 04 flywheel is the same as 05 but you'd have to ask them.:cry:

Does anyone know what the wattage output is on an 05 WR450 with the stock stator? I know one nameless dual sport kit company says they require a stator rewind for higher output, and other kits say they don't...

you really don't need to "rewind" the stator, stock the "ground " of the A.C. output is thru the chassis. from what I understand of the "nameless" company or what they told me was to hardwire the stator to the voltage regulator."shunt to ground" or something like that for less resistance from using the frame. Using their voltage regulator/rectifier is beneficial for the 3 personal times I used them. The one kit I bought utilizes the stock headlight taillight and yes it was expensive for what I recieved in parts - switch ,turn signals,liscence plate bracket,voltage reg/rec. horn and harness. the tech help on the phone and the detailed instructions are what you are buying.

Does anyone actually know the wattage output of the stock stator though?

Not sure what the actual output wattage is but the 03/04 WR's have both an AC output and a DC output. The AC runs the headlight/tailight and the DC is just for charging the battery. You might get away with running the taillight & brakelight off the DC circuit but from what I've read it does not have enough output to power the headlight and you will drain the battery if you try to run it that way. I assume the '05's are probably the same.

The manual says Normal Stator Output 14 V/120 W at 5,000 r/min