My tips for starting a bike :)

I'll just call this "Anna’s hot tips for starting your bike"

I'm pretty sure this won't qualify for a tech article ?

I was watching my husband this afternoon from the warmth of the house. He was struggling in the cold to start a dirt bike that had been setting for a couple months. He doesn’t like to take advice from me, being his wife, but you might benefit from my vast knowledge of all things mechanical. ?

So here’s Anna’s drill for the hard to start dirt bike. First, make sure that it has fresh fuel. Turn the fuel dealie to “on”. Open the whats-it on the carb. Kick it four times. If it sounds like, coo choo, coo choo, close the whats-it and kick it four more times. Still not running? Open the whats-it again and kick it four more times.

If it hasn’t started by now it may be an electrical problem. Check the thing-a-ma-jig. Pull the thing-a-ma-jig cap off and remove it with a thing-a-ma-jig wrench. Put it back in the cap and hold it against the engine case. Kick it over and check that the thing-a-ma-jig makes a spark. No spark, you need a new thing-a-ma-jig. If it sparks, put it back in.

With the thing-a-ma-jig in, open the whats-it and kick it four times. If it makes a coo choo coo choo pop coo choo pop pop sound; turn the gas thingy a little and kick it again. It should be running now, mine would be.

Hope that helped . . .

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Uh, actually...

Turn on gas.

Lean bike over 'til gas dribbles outta the over-flow tubes.

Pull choke.

Hit "Starter Button"...

Brap!

Let engine warm 'til it's warm to the touch. Ride away and enjoy! :naughty:

:naughty:

See below for discalimer...

What? Doesn't EVERYONE have the button?

I'll just call this "Anna’s hot tips for starting your bike"

I'm pretty sure this won't qualify for a tech article :naughty:

I was watching my husband this afternoon from the warmth of the house. He was struggling in the cold to start a dirt bike that had been setting for a couple months. He doesn’t like to take advice from me, being his wife, but you might benefit from my vast knowledge of all things mechanical. :D

So here’s Anna’s drill for the hard to start dirt bike. First, make sure that it has fresh fuel. Turn the fuel dealie to “on”. Open the whats-it on the carb. Kick it four times. If it sounds like, coo choo, coo choo, close the whats-it and kick it four more times. Still not running? Open the whats-it again and kick it four more times.

If it hasn’t started by now it may be an electrical problem. Check the thing-a-ma-jig. Pull the thing-a-ma-jig cap off and remove it with a thing-a-ma-jig wrench. Put it back in the cap and hold it against the engine case. Kick it over and check that the thing-a-ma-jig makes a spark. No spark, you need a new thing-a-ma-jig. If it sparks, put it back in.

With the thing-a-ma-jig in, open the whats-it and kick it four times. If it makes a coo choo coo choo pop coo choo pop pop sound; turn the gas thingy a little and kick it again. It should be running now, mine would be.

Hope that helped . . .

I think Im in love :naughty: