what the h@ll is the asi?

i see everyone talking about the asi what is it and what does it do and what should i do to it?

ASI is short for ASIIS, which stands for Any Sane Idiot Is Stupid....

theres a club, maybe you should join it cause you dont know what it is :cry:

i see everyone talking about the asi what is it and what does it do and what should i do to it?

I think you speak of AIS or "air injection system" and it introduces a shot of air into the exhaust to burn off and unburned fuel, AKA hydrocarbons and to complete burning off the partially burned fuel/CO also know as carbon monoxide. Its to reduce emissions and I imagine it was the only way to comply with green sticker and get rid of the C or 3 in the 8th digit of the VIN. It worked. And as soon as you buy it, you can rip it out by the roots!:cry:

Ok so where do i look for it and how do i get off?

thanks for the help.

Its just a pump thay pumps air in the exhaust. It should be visable on the RH side. I havent seen an 05 up close. I know Lowedog has put together a "delete" kit. PM him.

Its just a pump thay pumps air in the exhaust. It should be visable on the RH side. I havent seen an 05 up close. I know Lowedog has put together a "delete" kit. PM him.

XR,

Look in your owners manual. They have a complete breakdown of the AIS system and it shows all the lines, diaphragm etc... Send a PM to "Lowedog" and buy his removal kit for $30. You can see most of the AIS system on the right side of your bike below the rear of the seat. You can see the metal pipe running along the side of your head:applause:

Ive said it befor and I'll say it agian.

The AIS is a persison fishing weight produced my Yamaha and will change fishing as we know it