gettinga new bike...

hi guys im getting a new bike and im thinking of getting a yz 450 possibly 04.

my question is i dont do any mx, only offroad: trails, desert, etc.

is the 450 to much for me ima intermediate rider and do you think it will be fine for dual sporting also.

what is the top speed on the bike also?

thanks alot.

phil

If you don't mx you need to get the wr450. Better set up for trails and has electric start. The yz450 is a 4 speed and the wr is a 5 speed. For the desert and street I think you would need the 5 speed. The yz is pure mx and the wr is more of an all around bike.

I have a 04 yz450 and I don't ride any mx tracks. I ride mainly open desert and some trail riding. All you'll need to do is back your compression off on your suspension to make for a better ride. As far as 4 speed vs. 5 speed... I would rather shift less. Top speed--- stock gearing is 14/48 and I don't know, but when I was geared 15/48, I topped out at 92 mph on the pavement. My advice - If you are comfortable with the power on a 2 stroke 250, the next step would be the 450...

hey guys, thanks my next question would be is the 450 to much power for me, right now i ride an 04 ttr 225...POS bike and im now looking for a light to semi light power bike. i love riding from trail to trail also on the street... so i would have to dual sport it.

thanks guys

hi guys im getting a new bike and im thinking of getting a yz 450 possibly 04.

my question is i dont do any mx, only offroad: trails, desert, etc.

is the 450 to much for me ima intermediate rider and do you think it will be fine for dual sporting also.

what is the top speed on the bike also?

thanks alot.

phil

I noticed you are from California. How do you plan to dual sport this bike? ?

im just going to put a fake licence plate on and a trick dual sport kit thats non functional...

never gotten pulled over on my ttr.

also do you really think the yz 450 is a good offroad bike... even though it is a 4 speed will it be fine and is it to much power for me, im an advanced beginner.

It will be a damn big jump from the ttr in the power department. Some guys like it for offroad and don't miss 5th gear. Personally for me there are other bikes I'd rather have for on road or trails. I'd much rather ride my xr650 on trails. But on the mx track it's yz all the way.