wr450f top speed?

hi i would like to know top speed for a 03 wr450f also the stickers on the gas tank turned yellow. dealer says $195.00 . where could i find cheaper? thanks. :cry:

Should be 85 mph+ and I bought tank decals for my WR426 from Factory Effex.

102 mph with 15/50 gearing. :cry:

Contrary to popular belief, stickers are not necessary for motorcycle operation. :cry:

103mph 15/50 03WR450 Ti4 Belmont NV pavement Garmin 12 and Garmin 3 plus

103 is just crazy!!!!! I can't seem to find 5th gear much on the trail as it is!!!!! I would think 70's would be a closer top speed, but then again I'm just guessing.

Contrary to popular belief, stickers are not necessary for motorcycle operation. :cry:

will 2nd that :cry:

I'm highly confident that if I put a TLD sticker under my front fender I would gain atleast 2hp : )

Like the imac .... the blue ones go faster...

All those stickers you're putting on the front fender are increasing drag and SLOWING YOU DOWN! ; )

Top speed is all gearing and how fast you really want to go. Personally, I can't stand the vibration over 50 going down blacktop.

You can modify this chart and plug in the primary reduction, gear ratios redline and tire info to get a max mph figure. If you MS Excel anyway...

Gearing Chart

I've heard 90 or so with stock gearing. Just a digit; thats about how fast I'd ever want to go on a dirt-oriented motorcycle. I've taken my DR650 up to, hell, 110 once or twice. I'll bet if I strip down to my socks I can breach 111. SCARY AS HELL, I don't reccommend...

I've got my 04 WR450F up to 95mph and that was enough for me. A sixth gear for sure would be nice!

I don't know about the 450, but had my wr426 at 95mph and it was still pulling like a frieght train. And that was with 13/58 gearing! Showroom stock (but with street-legal kit), shaved throttle stop and the original knobby tires. Very unsafe and I don't recommend it.

However the stock baffle insert flew off 2 miles later...maybe not a bad idea after all!?! K

thanks for the info i just didnt know how fast i was going- bike feels good at speed on dirt roads little scary but thats the fun right?

I don't know about the 450, but had my wr426 at 95mph and it was still pulling like a frieght train. And that was with 13/58 gearing! Showroom stock (but with street-legal kit), shaved throttle stop and the original knobby tires. Very unsafe and I don't recommend it.

However the stock baffle insert flew off 2 miles later...maybe not a bad idea after all!?! K

:cry: a 58 rear sprocket? That must be one big damn sprocket :cry: P.S. I know you meant 48 right?

Fryboy

:cry: a 58 rear sprocket? That must be one big damn sprocket :cry: P.S. I know you meant 48 right?

Fryboy

Big?? More like a Chicago pizza pan...

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL696/2675475/6405732/82340859.jpg

I had to fab my own chain guide extender (apparently there is no market for these??) K

That thing is geared for rock crawling with a 58 rear!:cry:

will 2nd that :cry:
I beg to differ! I put Yamaha stickers on a Honda once and gained 12.34 HP at the back wheel!:cry:

95mph with 14/50 gearing.