What to do now.

So im at a cross road,I'm taking my 450 apart to replace the damaged parts from last weekends thrashing and I need some input.I smashed the left side radiator dosent leak but I still want to fix it should I replace it or should I send it in to be fixed? I wonder how reliable a repaired radiator is?

On my front forks with the blown seals I'm 200 probly 235 with all my gear,my clickers are 2 clicks from the highest setting and I never realy feal my suspention bottom out but I sure use all the travil I like my airtime yaknow. I'm aware I'll have to do the rear If I do the front,Or should I use a little heaver fork oil save the money for somthing else?Are springs real expensive?on my bars I have the pro taper with the cross bar because they fit with out replacing the triple tree,Are ther any aftermarket bars that fit the stock triple tree that can take a good fall with out bending or am I stuck with having to get fat bars?

I even bent my left foot peg ?

So im at a cross road,I'm taking my 450 apart to replace the damaged parts from last weekends thrashing and I need some input.I smashed the left side radiator dosent leak but I still want to fix it should I replace it or should I send it in to be fixed? I wonder how reliable a repaired radiator is?

On my front forks with the blown seals I'm 200 probly 235 with all my gear,my clickers are 2 clicks from the highest setting and I never realy feal my suspention bottom out but I sure use all the travil I like my airtime yaknow. I'm aware I'll have to do the rear If I do the front,Or should I use a little heaver fork oil save the money for somthing else?Are springs real expensive?on my bars I have the pro taper with the cross bar because they fit with out replacing the triple tree,Are ther any aftermarket bars that fit the stock triple tree that can take a good fall with out bending or am I stuck with having to get fat bars?

I even bent my left foot peg ?

Hi barefootbob,

I would send my radiator off to have it fixed here: http://www.motorcycleradiators.com/ He does great work and is reasonable priced. Fast turnaround also. He fixed one of my rad's over 2 years ago and it is still working great. I was running Devol guards but now am using Flatland Racing guards.

In regards to your leaking seals, after you get them repaired, get yourself a pair of the Sealsavers and never worry about it again. I have been running mine for over 2 years and haven't had a leak since.

Can't help ya on what weight oil to use. I would go to the TT suspension section and ask around. Or better yet, PM John Curea with MX TECH.

Can't help ya on the handlebars either. I am running Pro Tapers with Scotts upper clamp. Not a problem bending and I crash hard !!!!

Fryboy

Have you tied to clean the seals on your forks yet?? Sometimes when ridding in muddy conditions some small particals of dirt or other dedris will get stuck in the seals and cause them to leak. I have uses either 35mm film negatives or tearoffs from your goggles to clean them before with much success. All you have to do is slide down the dust seal and take the tearoff/film negative and slide it under the seal. Move it one way or the other while pulling it down. Clean it every time you pull it out. repeat until it comes out clean. This might work. I have had my forks start leaking several times and this has worked everytime so far.... Good luck

Hey fryboy thanks for that link I'll call them today,

My forks well I wish it was dirt I had a head on with a big rock in the middle of the trail it came out of the dust at the last second no time for brakes I hit the gas to try wheeling over it ,so I thought while ther appart maby I should respring.