Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
coyote222

Why WR why not YZF?

17 posts in this topic

Looking over all of these posts, everyone with a WR is doing all the mods to make it run like a YZ. (including myself) I am starting to question my decision on the purchase. Maybe I shouldn't have spent the extra $500 bucks for a headlight? What are all the major differences between the WR and YZF other than the tranny?

It is a lot cheaper and easier to get yz qualities out of the wr than it is to get wr qualities out of a yz.. out of the box the wr is more trail freindly with softer susspensoin, as the yz is set up for track and racing... the wr also has the usfs approved spark arrestor.. just to name a few things..

Dont forget about the W ide R atio transmision, lighting coil, bigger gas tank, bigger radiators w/ overflow tank, and the best part of all..... the Magic Button!

18" rear wheel also.

But wide ratio is what did it for me. I ride in the desert where speeds range from 2mph to low '90's. YZ just won't do that range.

With the technical hills we climb (rocks, silt, sand, etc), the stiff YZ suspension is nearly uncontrollable.

Amen to the climbing. My partner rides a YZ450, myself a WR. I kill him on hill climbs :cry: Plus if I do fall, that button makes all the difference-Not to mention the night ride into Randsburg for a drink or two :cry::cry:

Oh yeah, WOT-The WR smokes his YZand all he can do is :cry:

I went with the WR because they come road registered here. I have to ride about 1/4 mile to get to my local riding area and my neighbors kept ringing the police on me for riding down the street on my other bikes. Now they still do but they cant do jack :cry:

Now...now....now....I don't know about "smokes" my YZ but sure it pulls ahead. What my partner neglected to tell ya'll is that off the line I was grabbin 3rd in the 1/4 mile while he was waiting for his second gear to ring out. Yeah..Yeah... I know... we run in the desert, but when I bought the bike I was running w/ CR250's. I am going to get that WR but I gotta sell this one first. I'm sure I'll put a few more dent's before I sell it. Later

Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed Electric start, 5-speed v Electric start, 5-speed :mad::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::devil::devil::D:D

Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. :mad::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry::devil: :devil: :D :D

Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker. Green Sticker.

But.....

Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle. :cry::D:cry::cry::cry::cry::devil::devil:

I know... a JD kit fixes the needle and the cap comes off... :D

But.....

Capped fuel screw & nonadjustable jet needle...

I know... a JD kit fixes the needle and the cap comes off... :cry:

Hey Rich, "if man made it, man can defeat it" :cry:

Okay, so my big question: Why not a WZF? or a WRZ? Something like that. Basically the bike that so many of us REALLY want. At least a NON-Kaliforniastan model WR??!!

I'm glad that Yammi makes green sticker bikes for the Californians, but what about the rest of us that DON'T want OR need all that crap? It seems to me that Yammaha could actually save money by making two models...keep the damn AIS, and give me an adjustable needle!

I feel sorry for you guys. Down here in convict country you can buy a YZ250WR (which is a YZ250 2 banger with lights and a quieter muffler) and ride it away from the dealership :cry:

Every WR/CRFX/DRZ/EXC is road registered from the dealership

Okay, so my big question: Why not a WZF? or a WRZ? Something like that. Basically the bike that so many of us REALLY want. At least a NON-Kaliforniastan model WR??!!

That's basically what many of us do with our WR's.

YZ cam, plug the AIS, rejet the carb, change the throttle stop, FMF -Q, and we're all set with the following advantages:

18" wheel puts more meat between the rocks and the rim, wide-ratio tranny, headlight for those late-night returns to camp, and EEEEEE-Start!

The problem is the gubbament is involved... even if California wasn't totally over the top, we'd STILL have crap on our bikes that we don't want. The WR250F is still a red stickered bike, but it's just as plugged up, leaned out, and detuned as every other US bike.