HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bfly

Rekluse on the road.

5 posts in this topic

My friend just installed a Rekluse on his 450 and it seems to work pretty nicely on the trail. I am wondering how much damage this might be causing when he is on the tarmac.

Shouldnt cause any. It basically just works the clutch for you...so it wouldnt be any different on the road. Seems like it would be a nice feature. I had one on my WR250F and loved it.

It engages the clutch by clamping the clutch plate using centrifugal force. If the clutch is spinning in first, going to second is not going to disengage the clutch. You are basically shifting gears without using the clutch. On the dirt this isn't really much of a concern due to the traction, or lack there of. On the tarmac the traction is much greater. The problem is the similar to lockers on a 4x4.

if you use the perch mount kit you can still use the clutch as if it was stock. i've got mine set very close to idle so i basically use the lever all the time. when you come to a stop the clutch tends to want to creep when set at such low rpm,but just one pull in and then back out ,no more drag! sitting at red lights i would imagine the perch mount would come in handy ,also for shifting. :cry:

It engages the clutch by clamping the clutch plate using centrifugal force. If the clutch is spinning in first, going to second is not going to disengage the clutch. You are basically shifting gears without using the clutch. On the dirt this isn't really much of a concern due to the traction, or lack there of. On the tarmac the traction is much greater. The problem is the similar to lockers on a 4x4.

Been riding my 03(w/rekluse) for over a year on the road-commuting and getting to the trails-and have NO concerns....just ride it normally.