HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
benuk

yz450 coil ??

5 posts in this topic

will a yz 450 coil fit on a 2001 yz426 ? ive been having probs with my coil and was thinking of moving it up onto the plugcap out of the way of dirt etc becouse where it is now has cost me a race win do to a wire getting knocked off :cry: as :cry:

so will a 450 coil fit or is there a coil i can use :cry:

Call a Yamaha Tech/shop..

Huh??....usually the folks here are smarter than the shop that works on street bikes all day.

Yes it will fit, there is also a guy on here that sells a conversion kit or used to, check the TT store.Was fairly inexpensive

Yes it will fit, there is also a guy on here that sells a conversion kit or used to, check the TT store.Was fairly inexpensive

His name is Mike Dean I think. You can also use a coil from a Hayabusa, just make sure you get the electrical connection at the time you purchase it. Salvage yards will charge you anywhere from 30-50 bucks. I believe the head on the 450 is shorter than the 426 so the sealing ring probably isnt in the right place, it could be moved easily most likely. Also if you buy the coil from Yamaha the plug (connector) wont be available. Salvage yard is the best way to go. I did it to mine (2000) years ago and have never had any problems, the fit was perfect. I also have the stock coil for a 2000 if you want to go that route.