'05 Yz450 Fork Guard Hitting Dust Seal...

Yeah it kept its new form. Just got it hot enough to get really soft and used a clean pair of leather gloves and just rolled it out. Don't get it to hot or it will discolor it. You will know when u get it hot enough cause if it don't move easy keep putting the heat to it. If you want PM your email address and I will email you a close up pic of it.

Later

Andy

Yeah it kept its new form. Just got it hot enough to get really soft and used a clean pair of leather gloves and just rolled it out. Don't get it to hot or it will discolor it. You will know when u get it hot enough cause if it don't move easy keep putting the heat to it. If you want PM your email address and I will email you a close up pic of it.

Later

Andy

Andy,

Send me a pic please too, dezdog@mailsnare.net

Well, I decided to just try to keep the guard from hitting the fork by putting two zip ties on the fork leg. I figure the guard can hit the ties instead of the fork...I just wasn't sure how long the ties would stay on, but I rode today (pretty hard, too...kinda sore already!) and the ties stayed on the whole time. I'll wait and see how long this fix lasts. If it means just putting new ties on the leg once a month or so, then that makes it a pretty easy and cheap fix...

We'll see!!

DPW sent you a couple of pics to your email. Let me know if you don't get them.

Later

Andy

Andy, could you send those pics to me also...I'm having the same issue. I tried butting clamp prior to finding this thread and it didn't work. However your fix seems to have worked.

jay_ch28@hotmail.com

Just like previous posts have discussed, using the heat gun is the best way to resolve this problem. Take the fork guard off of the bike it is easier to manipulate the plastic. Just like it was mentioned before, use a clean pair of leather gloves to protect your hands from the heat. Wait until the plastic cools before you release your hands from the guard otherwise the plastic will take it's original form. I just did this "mod" yesterday. Happy riding!

Matt