bike set up.

what is the best way to set up my seat hieght (suspension) for my '04 wr450 without spending any money?; for my height & weight 5'6 147lb. what should I do? ie: lower my fork hieght on clamps? what about the rear shock?

Thanks

Tommy

Stock rear spring should be great for your weight! ? Front forks should be raised in the clamps in 5 mm increments. I like 15mm to make the bike a lot easier to turn in. Front forks should be good stock but you will need to have them revalved to be more supple for off road riding in rocks and roots! ?

Front forks should be raised in the clamps in 5 mm increments. I like 15mm to make the bike a lot easier to turn in.

Indy, how can you raise the fork this much and still have access to the rebound adjusters?

RADRick

ww.mcjournalist.com

Indy, you say 15mm. Is this down from the top of the forks? Reason I ask this is because mine are set at the top. They came from the dealer this way. I think this is what is making the bike feel weird at higher speeds. Am I right? BTW I'm at about 200lbs. Thanks

Indy, you say 15mm. Is this down from the top of the forks? Reason I ask this is because mine are set at the top. They came from the dealer this way. I think this is what is making the bike feel weird at higher speeds. Am I right? BTW I'm at about 200lbs. Thanks

If you raise the tubes higher than the top of the triple clamp you will lose some stability but gain quicker turn in and better handling. I run the Scotts damper for high speed stability so you may not feel comfortable with 15mm without a damper at high speeds. It is easy to go out and adjust it between laps to see what handles better for you. ?

If you raise the tubes higher than the top of the triple clamp you will lose some stability but gain quicker turn in and better handling. I run the Scotts damper for high speed stability so you may not feel comfortable with 15mm without a damper at high speeds. It is easy to go out and adjust it between laps to see what handles better for you. ?

I'm sorry guys I should have stated that its not performance that I'm looking for, it has plenty without adjustments, its the fact that I would like to get both feet on the ground!!! Its a big Bee-aach! I was also thinking of a 20" front wheel set-up!??? ???

Hey, back to my question!!!!