HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GasAHolic

Which dez tank for the 05

10 posts in this topic

I've searched posts and it appears the biggest tank for this bike so far is 3.1 gallon IMS , a big improvement from the 2.1 stocker. Is this accurate, or are there other options for this model that would be bigger / better?

Thanks, and I did read that particular post. The key statement I agree with was by Dan_Lorenze "I wish someone would come out with a nice single petcocked 4 gallon tank for the late model WRs... " Are the GYTR tanks really 3.4 gallon? Anyone know of a bigger tank or is this the only option?

The biggest tank available is the GYTR for the 03/04 which is a 3.4 gallon tank (but some specs may call it a 3.3 ) :cry:

Thanks for the input Indy. Hell, it's a lot better than 2.1. :cry:

Any recommendations on finding one at the best price? :cry:

Gas, the GYT-R and Acerbis tanks are the same tank that Acerbis makes. I bought the Acerbis brand because it was cheaper of the two. I too want a bigger tank but the three gallon is what were stuck with for now. :cry::cry: Yep, it's better than 2.11 for long hauls...

Dan