Bike won't start!!!

With my odd work schedule, my 01 426 sits up for about 2 weeks at a time before riding, if its warm outside,, couple twists to the throttle to gets some squirts in,, since I still have the decompression lever, I do 2 kicks thru, and then kick her over, first kick every time.. Now if its cold outside, I gota twist the throttle about 3 times,, kick a couple of times, twist again maybe once or twice, and usually will start after that.

The hot start seems to never make a diff on my bike. I have tried it hot and cold... never notice that it helps. Usually the bike starts on the second kick every time unless its really hot I got to let it sit for a min, hot start doesn't help me then either.

Tired after 15 kicks, time for a workout. Although it would be a whole lot more fun to get the workout on a running bike. :cry::cry:

Well you guys were right :cry: It was the spark plug. Picked up one today and changed it out when I got home. Started on the 3rd kick and runs great now. Went out and rode for a couple of hours :cry:

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... for the advice. From now on I will always ask you guys 1st. :cry::cry::cry:

It seems we all learn this lesson the hard way. If it won't start after a few kicks, go for a new plug and it usually fires right up. :cry:

Well you guys were right :cry: It was the spark plug. Picked up one today and changed it out when I got home. Started on the 3rd kick and runs great now. Went out and rode for a couple of hours :cry:

Thank you... Thank you... Thank you... for the advice. From now on I will always ask you guys 1st. :cry::cry::cry:

I knew it. I just read this thread from the beginning, thinking the whole time "change the sparkplug dude!' Even the 4 strokes foul 'em at times. Usually gas fouled though.