HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TXBRP

A couple of pics of my BRP

11 posts in this topic

I installed a BD kit. Tomorrow I plan on getting it inspected. Wish me luck, but it should be no prob here in Texas. Now if only we had all of those places to ride like you guys out west. :cry:

BRP002.jpg

BRP005.jpg

Hey man TXBRP, are you in Ft. Worth? if so, you're not far from Rip-char cross country cycle park (if it's still there). . Anyway it's just north of Weatherford. Never ridden there but heard it was decent. And of course there's that place down in Gilmour (east texas).

Does that LED shine white or red when it is powered. That is a really cool set up but I would think it needs to be red to be legal for a brake light.

Hey man TXBRP, are you in Ft. Worth? if so, you're not far from Rip-char cross country cycle park (if it's still there). . Anyway it's just north of Weatherford. Never ridden there but heard it was decent. And of course there's that place down in Gilmour (east texas).

Rip-Char is still there. And better than ever!!

www.rip-char.com

Roll it on,

The Baja designs LED taillight shines red straight back, but has a few white ones that shine down on the plate (if you put the plate under it). I'm pretty happy with it...

Not too bad here in France(or the N.Ireland where I come from originally)..all that is required is a lefthand mirror(or righthand) headlight,stop and tail light along with number plate and number plate light.....indicators unnecessary....

1.jpg

No, I'm south of Houston. There isn't squat I've found around here so far. Probably the closest place for me will be the trails in Sam Houston National Forest in New Waverly. That's about a 1 1/2 hour drive so that wouldn't be too bad. Also, my folks have a place north of Huntsville with a couple hundred acres, a lake and a cabin. I guess its time for me to make my own trails there :cry:

Roll it on,

The Baja designs LED taillight shines red straight back, but has a few white ones that shine down on the plate (if you put the plate under it). I'm pretty happy with it...

Thanks for the info!! I think I have to get me one of those. Very clean looking and I would imagine with the LED's they would out last the bike so no more bulb replacements :cry:

If I had it to do over again, I would have mounted that tail light a little further to the back. I looked at a number of pictures and they all show it mounted with the light fully covered by the original fender. I think I would leave the top exposed, its actually kind of hard to see when fully covered on top (though better protected). Another small issue with that kit is it disables the original taillight. It would probably be easy enough to reroute the wiring for it so it goes on with brake aplication.

They make this stuff sound all too easy on their websites. I found permanently modifying a new $6K toy a little nervewracking. Not as stressfull as replacing the needle, and seat in the carb, but close.

Mark