HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kirkw

First Impression - Scott's Damper

4 posts in this topic

Thanks to Brian at TT Shop, who invested the time to answer lots of questions and relate his experience on dampers. I decided on a Scott's due to the adjustability and the zero return to center (good price from TT too). I ride a lot of tight twisty, with some straight aways. Speed range is usually 20-60mph, with average around 30. Everyone said it is odd, but you will not notice it working at first. In fact, I did wonder if it was functioning for the first pat of the ride. However, I can say that I am sure it did work and there were several times that I liekly would have been re-directed had ti not been mounted up. Additionally, it also seemed to make a difference in being able to go straight in the slow muddy sections filly with that snotty, slick clay, as well as the tight, rain rutted single track. Looking back, I am sure that there were a few sections that I went faster in because of it. I had groused on the decision to get one for a while. For those of you in the same position, I would make the decision to get one again. More to follow as I get better acquainted with the its operation.

I had actually ordered the GPR/Applied setup, but after reading some of the posts from people who already used the GPR, I cancelled the order and bought the Scotts damper with Scotts Triple. I have no regrets. Scotts is (arguably)the best damper on the market.