Baja Type Dual Headlamps???

I think the 87 XR600 had dual head pipes all the way to the can though. With over 700 posts you really should have known.

That was wasnt very nice. I probably know less about zooks than he does Hondas. And no, the '87 had a regular headpipe just like post and previous models. Being in a Honda XR600/650 forum, you really should have known. ?

More to the point, no, XRs never came with dual headlamps. In fact, for those that ride alot of desert, Baja-style light upgrades are fairly popular. You can either buy a mega expensive Baja Designs HID dual setup(very cool, BTW) or you can build your own in halogen or HID. Do a quick search in this forum for "baja lights" or similar and you should find some posts about it.

There is also someone on here(I think) that has a Motard XR with two smaller 3-4" lights. If you cant find it I can probably post the picture.

Roadcam and Headtrauma....

Thanks for the help. I 'preciate it, and if you two need something in the DRZ forum, I'll try and help you, which is what this is supposed to be all about..... ?

I think I have the problem solved, thanks to a TT'er from yet another forum, who was willing to "help a brotha out" instead of being a dickweed......

See Y'all......

Roadcam and Headtrauma....

Thanks for the help. I 'preciate it, and if you two need something in the DRZ forum, I'll try and help you, which is what this is supposed to be all about..... ?

I think I have the problem solved, thanks to a TT'er from yet another forum, who was willing to "help a brotha out" instead of being a dickweed......

See Y'all......

Priceless ?

Railroader

Noticed your bike and that your from Gawga'

I'm from Central Gawga' by god and

that KLX is sweet. I'm trying to sell my dual sport XR600 so that I can get the DRZ400SM or perhaps just build from the DRZ platform.

What do you think?

From the looks of that bike, you really know your stuff.

Investment wise: Would you have purchased the DRZ400SM that is availabe this March or done what you have done to your's?

Just curious. I'm afraid that I would not know where to begin on a stock DRZ but could get started faster on a DRZ-sm.

See where I'm coming from? decissions decissions

Railroader

Noticed your bike and that your from Gawga'

I'm from Central Gawga' by god and

that KLX is sweet. I'm trying to sell my dual sport XR600 so that I can get the DRZ400SM or perhaps just build from the DRZ platform.

What do you think?

From the looks of that bike, you really know your stuff.

Investment wise: Would you have purchased the DRZ400SM that is availabe this March or done what you have done to your's?

Just curious. I'm afraid that I would not know where to begin on a stock DRZ but could get started faster on a DRZ-sm.

See where I'm coming from? decissions decissions

Howdy, Pengaleng....

From all who have actually seen one....the new SM is real sweet...BUT....there are differences, such as a 140 rear tire, painted wheels, etc...

My advice would be to buy a used, low miles DRZ, and put the good stuff on it...still money waaay ahead than buying the SM and then wanting Wave rotors, Steel lines, different tires, Talon Hubs, 3.9 gallon tank, etc...

I knew going in that I was gonna dump a pile into my bike, but I wanted to start with a new KLX, and do it right.

I 'preciate the compliment on my bike, I've done all the work myself. As far as "knowing my stuff".....I learned all I know about it right here on TT, with the help of the DRZ guys ?

Come on over and nose around the DRZ forum, the answer to any question is right there..... ?

Well there is no way to judge vocal tone through type alone, so maybe try using smilies next time to convey sarcasm.

Okay thanks for the tip. I was wrong about the 87 having two headpipes to the can as well. It was the 88 that had that setup. They were also stainless. I think Honda only did that for one year.

I made my own baja style single setup. I won on ebay a PIAA brand xt80 pro 7" halogen light. You can put anywhere from a 50-120 watt H3 style bulb. I make a bracket by getting a piece of scd. 40 2" aluminum tubing and cut it in half. I then welded two pieces of bar from one half to the next. On the I'd side of the tubing, I glued some 1/8" black neoprene inside. Then I just attach it to the fork tubes with black zip ties. This setup has worked very well. Here is a pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/pipnit/DSC06287.jpg

Minus the cost of my time, the entire project cost me about 70 bucks.

I forgot to mention a company that sells inexpensive 6" halogen offroad lights called ProComp. I think their round halogens are in the $20-40 range. A good setup I've heard is to have one pencil beam aimed high and center for distance with a flood aimed lower for everything to your sides. I'm thinking a couple 55 or 85 watt lights will suit me.

I made my own baja style single setup. I won on ebay a PIAA brand xt80 pro 7" halogen light. You can put anywhere from a 50-120 watt H3 style bulb. I make a bracket by getting a piece of scd. 40 2" aluminum tubing and cut it in half. I then welded two pieces of bar from one half to the next. On the I'd side of the tubing, I glued some 1/8" black neoprene inside. Then I just attach it to the fork tubes with black zip ties. This setup has worked very well. Here is a pic.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/pipnit/DSC06287.jpg

Minus the cost of my time, the entire project cost me about 70 bucks.

Cool ?