Frustrated and pissed at Dealer

? Hello again. Anybody in Oregon know of a good dealer , reputable, and knows motorcycles. Indy WR450. Knows my problem. Had the dealer yesterday fix my bike after it had been stalling at idle. Jet pilot was clogged. the changed it from a 45 to a 48n and changed the spark plug. I bring bike back home. Wont start worth shit even with choke on. Battery went low. Was low from dealer. Finally got it started cruised for a bit around hood. Bring back in.

Today. Electric start. One thrust and goes to clicking. Wont go on choke. Had to work my ass off kick starting the dam thing. Still having problems. Also someone tell me if the CDI box is suppose to be tight and secure against frame or loose.

No pride in work ianymore. cant trust dealers just like car dealerships

????

First get a battery tender and keep your battery up to full charge. ?

Most of us TT members find that the battery is marginal without a full charge.

If you dont have a 72 starter jet in it you will need to pump the throttle a few times while the ignition switch is on and then shut the throttle almost all the way ( just ever so slightly open) and start it with the e-start and still using the choke. If it is really cold out in the garage below 40 degrees you are going to have give a chance for a minute to start and you may end up needing to kick it. Also get out and break your engine in a little. It is still tight and will e-start easier after a month of riding. ?

Copy that. Hopefully this weekend. If the weather isnt crappy. The garage is never below 40. Ill get the battery tender. I just think having something for a month taking it out monday and doing what it is not good. It seems worst ever since it came bnack from th edealer. Its being taking back to dealer tomorrow an dthey can deal with it along with the warranty

FWIW, I've noticed that since my garage has been down around 45 or so mine is tough to start cold. It actually starts easier when kicked. Takes about 3-5 kicks and fires right up. After its warm or when the temps get over 50 it starts cold with the e-start. I have the 48 pilot but haven't done the 72 starter jet yet.

Joe

Did you tell them the battery was low? Do you really know HOW to start your new bike by kicking it? ?

Sounds like the dealer did their thing and youve got some learning to do. ?

Buy a battery tender and learn the starting routine.

starting procedure had been fine up to monday. Even with choke out it would start right up. Since i got the bike back it hasnt been the same. With the choke out it hasnt been starting right away. The kick starting after being warmed up is fine. If u think im doing something wrong then let me know.

starting procedure had been fine up to monday. Even with choke out it would start right up. Since i got the bike back it hasnt been the same. With the choke out it hasnt been starting right away. The kick starting after being warmed up is fine. If u think im doing something wrong then let me know.

I got my 450 in November. Upon delivery the battery was weak. Charged it up and have had no problems since. The bike sat for a month over the holidays and when I took it out last week it started absolutely fine. I've yet to use the kicker. Check spark plug gap. If it was removed it may have been knocked out of spec. Rather than look for a new dealer, insist your dealer fix it right. ?

RADRick

www.mcjournalist.com

Radrick, Thanks.

No problemo. This forum is an excellent source of info and is full of other very helpful people, as well. Being frustrated with a new bike sucks, but make sure you exhaust all other possibilities before a bad taste in your mouth ruins your experience. Letting the dealer off the hook by going elsewhere will only make it harder for the next customer to get satisfaction. Chances are they want to satisfy you and keep you as a customer. Good luck.

RADRick

www.mcjournalist.com

Dunno if they are close to you or not, but i've bought some YZF/WRF parts from Roseburg (sp?) Cycles. I think they are in Portland Oregon? They went out of their way to help me, so if their motorcycle service is as good as their customer service, they should be able to fix you up. ?

Most of us fix our own bikes. If you have a problem we will help you out.

My WR dosn't like to start cold. I prime it by twisting the throttle.

When I got my first YZ426 I couldn't start it. I went back to the dealer and he started it first kick. We all had to learn.

Once you get it figured out you will love the bike.

I had to get a battery tender for mine as the battery never seemed to have enough go when cold and i would flatten the battery.Perhaps they should supply one with the bike or then again maybe a decent battery.Whoops i just woke up from dreaming yamaha cares!.You need to put in a 72 starter jet as this supplys the choke circuit.Also what i have been doing lately is turning the idle screw up for the first start ( cold ) of the day with choke then when it starts ( easily to ) i turn it back.This turn up of the idle seems to be the answer?.If it's still hard give 4 full twist of the throttle only when cold and before cranking and this might suprise you.These bikes can be frustrating to start when cold and i have suprised many a 450 owner at how easy mine starts NOW when cold.Eventually you will work out your own secret way.