Alright 2005 YZ450F for me!!!

Having had many, many, many (I mean a lot) of bikes.....

It's the hardest rule to live by. But it's really worth it. I have a couple bikes now (that are paid for) and I would like more. Saving for them helps me appreciate them all the more.

FWIW..

Rod

I tend to disagree with this statement....ONLY if you consider my YZ450 a toy. I consider it a medical necessity. Without it (and my FZ-1) I think I'd go crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, though, financing a dirtbike is not that bad of a thing. If you are going to keep it for 5 years or so, then a new bike can give you lots of (hopefully trouble free) use. If you are the kind of guy that wants the latest and greatest all the time, then I would agree with rule #1. Heck, I'll justify any purchase if it supports my MBD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rule #1 makes sense if you have a good job and can save a grand a month towards it, but when you can only spare a few hundred, a 7 grand bike takes forever to save for.

Life is too short to waste it saving and waiting.

I hope to get a new job soon and get a new bike before summer, but I have to finance it. Saving for everything is stupid, you spend your whole life waiting for stuff that you could have had now.

I couldn't have said it better myself!! I love those commercials where a guy explains all the stuff he owns (house, SUV's, toys, etc) and then says: "and I'm in debt up to my ears!!!!!"

It's the sign of the times, I suppose. As long as you save for the future (retirement account) and can still make all the bills and buy food, then there's no problem.

I choose to spend my cash on my toys. I know friends that make what I make, who "can't afford" motorcycles, but yet go out to the bars every weekend dropping $40-80 a night/weekend....add that up, and you've got a ton more than a bike payment!!!! It's all about where your priorities lie...

MDB!!!!

Some of us aren't in a position to save. As a college student, my chances of saving are slim to none. Sure financing is a risk, but it does two things. It allows me to enjoy a great machine, and at the same time I am responsibly making the payments and getting my credit history off to a great start. Used wisely I think financing can open doors for so many people out there.

'04 YZ450f

Thanks for the support everyone, seeing as how I am about 18 I need to start building credit, and this is the best way. I have been riding my XR600 forever and it just cant keep up with my skill level, so I need something better. This bike will be my only expense so i dont worry too much about the payments, especially since i can probly get at least $3000 out of my XR.

I've got a stupid question about financing an off road toy...

What happens if I take delivery and smack a tree on my first ride? Will insurance cover the cost if the bike needs big$ repairs or if its completely destroyed? If so, what type of insurance and how much? If not, how stupid do I feel making payments on something that I can't afford to fix or replace?