HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SSpeeDEMONSS

good motor mods for '00 yz426

11 posts in this topic

im in the process of putting my motor back together(seized the bottom end thanksgiving weekend at glamis) and i was wondering what you all think would be the best mods for me to do while its apart. im replacing all the bearings, auto decomp camp, and hi-comp piston. if i do the exhaust should i also do the intake cam? and will be doing the '01 clutch mod too.

Hey YZ426onNOS,

Can you shed some more light on the kibble white SS One Piece Valves for me...Thx Bro

ive already done the BK carb mod and was planning on getting the JD jetting kit, just forgot to mention that.

yz426onNOS, if only i had the money... but, if i did have the money, it would be a stroker crank plus big bore equals 488cc. 13.5 piston, web cams, port and polish, and kibblewhite SS valves. that sounds about right. too bad its all out of my league $$ wise.

oh yeah, i ordered the hot cams auto-decomp exhaust cam today as well as the hi-comp piston.

Forget the ceramic bearings, way over priced and the only advantage is more resistant to chemical attack, unless of course you have a chronic chemical attack on your big end!

My personal favorite, the TT decomp plug!