HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shorte01

Roasted clutch question

10 posts in this topic

If the clutch were totally cooked, then in a worst case it would behave almost exactly as if someone were holding the clutch lever in all the time. You're talking some serious cookage.

Dude, just learn to ride the bike and you wont have these problems. Hope your riding buddy wasn't to pissed by having his day cut short! Sounds like quite the problem. Good luck with that one....

Dude, just learn to ride the bike and you wont have these problems. Hope your riding buddy wasn't to pissed by having his day cut short! Sounds like quite the problem. Good luck with that one....

If I remember correctly from another thread, this occurred while riding in the mud. The deep mud can be very difficult on parts. Ever watch a pro race in the mud? Many of the pros are stuck in the mud with smoke blowing from the cases, this is from the clutch and you will see them pushing the bike shortly thereafter. Mud just sucks..

Yes, the mud does take its toll on the bike. I have noticed that about the pros. Like a couple weeks ago in the opening round of supercross. That was a mess. There are always a bunch of guys that manage to keep the bike running though....

Yes, the mud does take its toll on the bike. I have noticed that about the pros. Like a couple weeks ago in the opening round of supercross. That was a mess. There are always a bunch of guys that manage to keep the bike running though....

That supercross was bad arse!

Sounds like you're just a 'Girly Man' (well, I guess that's a given if your riding a 4 stroke) who can't stay on the gas and is always fanning the clutch. You're probably one of those guys who rides with both legs stuck straight out and his feet skating along the ground, aren't you? Take it to a shop where someone who knows something about bikes can fix it for you. While you're there, see how much they'd give on trade in for a 2 stroke, and then learn to ride like a man.

ThumpThis

I'm glad you posted such an intelligent comment and graced us all with your infinite wisdom. I'd take a 4-stroke any day over anything that sounds like a mutated chainsaw.