Thai/Burma/Lao/Cambodia RIDE in Dec/Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

Scott,

Give us a ideal of what we would be doing or in for. Do you take your own bike? What kind of terrain, single track, no track, jeep roads etc. Is there an agenda for 4 weeks? What about accommodations? Will I ever see my wife and children again?

H.Phelps

HP,

For the last three years I have been going to thailand and riding from Mai Sai in the north through Burma and into China.We rent bikes over ther and replace the tires and bars if needed. Now I have a stash of tires there.

the rides are primarly out of the "Golden Triangle"(thai,burma Laos)now the poppy (opium)capitol of the world.

we stay in hilltop villages with the native people and partake in the local practices...

Going into Burma is a little tricky, The only one that can get you up there with bikes is a local Expat named Kobra Joe.

Last year, a rider friend of mine wanted to go, I told him it was hardcore and he said "no problem". Well he freeaked and had to be put on a plane bound for Bangkok and then to LA. It was't the riding that got to him it was everything else.Unless you have spent any time in a third world country and mexico does not count, you would be in for a shocker..

But, a great time is had by all.

Anyone that is interested let me know and I'll give you more details.