radiator brace

had a friend recomend some "works" radiator braces for my yz450f. do they work well or am i p-ssing away 50$.i do my share of get-offs by the way.

I guess you mean works connection? I like the devol brand better they cover more and have protection in the front.

The Works Connection braces work pretty well, and they're light. The Devol braces do offer more protection, though.

I agree....the Works Connection brace is from behind. A good piece of workmanship and will protect your radiator from bending (as I have found out)...But the Devol product also protects the front by replacing the plastic fins with an aluminum grid that supports the radiator in case of a 'get-off' as well as rocks and debris coming off the trail or front tire.

Do the Rooster guards still allow enough airflow?? I've thought about getting some, and the Roosters look like some quality made guards...just don't want to cause a heat problem for my bike (especially in Florida)

ive got the Devol braces. theyre awesome. they've saved my radiators many times. plus they look much better than the stock plastic louver things.

Do the Rooster guards still allow enough airflow?? I've thought about getting some, and the Roosters look like some quality made guards...just don't want to cause a heat problem for my bike (especially in Florida)

I have not had a problem with overheating at all. The Roosters also have fins at the top and bottom to allow more air flow.

Rooster guy here...

we have had no issue with cooling and are (as far as I know) are the only ones with who designed in top and bottom air scoops for catching more air. This also protects the rad tanks from roost. Also notice the embossed rib on our rad guards... this makes it MUCH stronger to side impacts which is 85% of when the damage happens. I believe we are the only ones doing that too. Once you perforate the guards for air flow you loose a lot of strength so we engineered it back in.

Check out the pix...

http://www.roosterperformance.com/RP-product_YZ450_rad.htm

Thanks,

Kelly