Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wardirt1

FAt Bars and Stabilizer-best combo

5 posts in this topic

I want to modify my '04 wr450 stocker to a set of dampened fat bars and a steering stabilizer. What is the cheapest combo set up to make this happen? If I NEED a new top triple clamp, will it effect the light mounts or is there a simple set up I can buy and bolt on without having to do a lot of mods? What do you think a guy has to pay to get everything needed?

I want to modify my '04 wr450 stocker to a set of dampened fat bars and a steering stabilizer. What is the cheapest combo set up to make this happen? If I NEED a new top triple clamp, will it effect the light mounts or is there a simple set up I can buy and bolt on without having to do a lot of mods? What do you think a guy has to pay to get everything needed?

First, you WILL need a new clamp. The stock, cast, one piece clamp will not accomodate a stabilizer. I use a Pro Taper YZ Lo bend mounted to a GPR 2.0 Version stabilizer, mounted to an Applied Racing top clamp. The clamp for the WR comes with a relocating bracket for your ODO and wiring harness. As far as the cheapest set up. I don't know. As far as "dampened" fat bars, do you mean on rubber mounts? If you are interested in the GPR, you can order the kit w/ damper, clamp and Applied bars for around $600. Scotts has a very nice kit as well with Pro Tapers for about the same price.

the stock setup will accomodate a damper ,my buddy just put one(scotts) on a 03 wr with the stock clamps !!!:cry: he runs 7/8 renthals and just had to bend the crossbar a little.

Yep, all good advice. Like Burley said you HAVE to get the topclamp with the fatbars, the stock topclamp only accepts the 7/8" bars. If you could live without the fatbars you could save some money by not having to buy the topclamp.