HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Math

please help...DrD hot start user on a 426

6 posts in this topic

Hello!

How much space is required to install the DrD hot start?

I'm asking that because I have the Ty Davis tank. It is going down very low and I don't know if the tank is going to clear the hot start tubing.

How wide is it from the carb? Is it wider than the stock hot start in shut position? Please specify details about how you take the measurements.

I would appreciate your help a lot.:cry:

Many thanks in advance:thumbsup:

I am unfamiliar with the Ty Davis tank as I believe it is an IMS , but I have a 2001 426 with an Acerbis tank and while they are very close to eachother,it works. If you attempted to plumb the tank w/2 petcocks, you already know there is very little real estate to thread anything through there with a larger tank:D . I do keep an eye on it as I am concerned as you are, but I have had no problems with it for the last 3 years. Sorry, I am not in town right now so I cant measure mine for you. Good luck!

Brian

I am unfamiliar with the Ty Davis tank as I believe it is an IMS , but I have a 2001 426 with an Acerbis tank and while they are very close to eachother,it works. If you attempted to plumb the tank w/2 petcocks, you already know there is very little real estate to thread anything through there with a larger tank:D . I do keep an eye on it as I am concerned as you are, but I have had no problems with it for the last 3 years. Sorry, I am not in town right now so I cant measure mine for you. Good luck!

Brian

Many thanks Brian!!!!!!!!!!!:cry: :cry: This information helps me more than you would have thought at first.

One of my friend here has the Acerbis tank and we have the same clearance from the carb so if it works with your acerbis tank then it is probably going to work with my Ty Davis one.:cry: :cry:

I'll give it a try.

IMS builts ZipTy tank. For 98-02, IMS and ZipTY are not the same but I think that since the 450 came to the market, IMS produces only one model: the ZipTy one. I might be wrong on the later statement though.

Thanks for your help again!

Math,You should have no problems.Running a Ty Davis tank w/ a Dr. D hotstart.

'02 WR 426, Had the tank & the hotstart on since the bike was new.:cry: