HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Grum_from_Oz

Rear wheel bearing number?

9 posts in this topic

G'day fellow Thumper Talkers,

After nearly 3500km's, my rear wheel bearings are beginning to wear. I priced "genuine" yamaha bearings and it totals Aus$114!!! :D

I plan to buy the bearings from a bearing supply but need the code stamped on the side of the bearing housing. I don't have access to my bike because it is stored two hours away from where I live and my manual is with the bike. I wanted to replace the bearings for this weekends ride but it is impossible for me to get the numbers before then.

If anyone has the bearing code or access to their manual, please respond.

Thanks.

Grum. :)

1 person likes this

Hey Grum, One side is Koyo 60/22RS [definatly] and the other side is Koyo 62/222RS [i think, not posisive]...hope that is of some help...

Grum, didn't know if you would check here or the YZ side but I don't thind you will get a better deal than Pivot Works bearings. They have kits that have bearings and seals. They also have swingarm, linkage and shock kits.

From MX South the wheel bearing kits are $30. That's not too bad in my book.

Check them out at http://mxsouth.com/pivot/pivtoc.htm

Jon

------------------

01 YZ426F, 99 YZ400F, 86 XR250, 76 RD400, 71

Heavily Modified Z50

Cambo and Jbird,

Thanks for the info guys. Hope I get another 3.5k out of the new set of bearings. FYI all my riding has been hard through the bush on tight single track and 4WD access trails. I mostly ride around the Otways in South West Victoria and sometimes get to play in the Victorian high country. What service life have you gotten from your stock bearings?

Cheers.

Only one set so far but the fronts were knackered after 2000km so I changed the rears as well. Mainly play in the tight trails around Nerrim, gormandale and in the high country...

10,000km and still on original bearings. Wish the carby slide lasted longer. I'm now on my fourth slide. Cant get any solution from Yamaha. Usually ride Victorian Alps, Big Desert, Mt Dissapointment.

The rear #'s are 60 / 22RS and 62 / 22RS Just took mine apart last night. Rears are sealed and mine are leaking pretty bad. Fronts were Dry as a bone!!!

why are the fronts not sealed bearings? - mine are rooted after 6 months/95hrs? The replacements appear to be sealed (all balls)

cheers

Mark