Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
revolucien

$200 more for your YZ?

9 posts in this topic

If you can lose close to 2 lbs and gain better longevity from using a titanium shock spring, how many of you would pay an extra two hundred bux to have it come stock?

Only if it was the correct spring rate for my weight and skill level.

I guess it suprises me that the sales people don't say " hey, you look like a pretty hefty guy. you probably would be interested in a new set of springs" just to make a another sale. I think next time go in, after the price gets down to where it should be I'll have some of the extras thrown in on the spot. It seems like they cost more when you're buying them afterwards. :cry:

I guess it suprises me that the sales people don't say " hey, you look like a pretty hefty guy. you probably would be interested in a new set of springs" just to make a another sale. I think next time go in, after the price gets down to where it should be I'll have some of the extras thrown in on the spot. It seems like they cost more when you're buying them afterwards. :cry:

A good number of the sales guys at the dealership aren't dirt bikers and don't know much more about the bikes than what the brochure tells them.

When it's put like that, I'd rather save the $200 and use it for practices, lose 2 more pounds on the treadmill, and buy a new bike after a few years. I'm not rich by any means and for 2 lbs, it just isn't worth it. For the pure racers it may be, but for most it just isn't cost effective.

The manufacturers will probably resort to similar measures anyways in an attempt to lighten up more than the competitors' bikes. Afterall, the use of titanium continues to increase. It seems to be the direction we're going.

- Nick

I don't think my skill level could be made to ascend to the level of titanium springs.

But I guess $200/pound isn't that bad. :cry:

Naw, we dont get any comission for parts sales, only bikes. SO I couldn't give a rats ass how fat you are. And with the extra crap being thrown in after the price is low enough for you? That comes out of our pockets, so good luck with that :cry:

there is not that much profit on bikes. Ind CDN dollars, A new YZ450 sells for about $8100. Our cost is $7000.00. Nothing sells for retail.

Probably should not have posted that but oh well.