Something I thought I would try on my YZ450

you missed a spot i see some blue:eek:

What color plastics? I would've took of the footpegs rather then painting them too..

What color plastics? I would've took of the footpegs rather then painting them too..
No, i wanted to paint them and not because im lazy either. The original blue plastics. I think its one of those projects that will look better when their done.
you missed a spot i see some blue:eek:
its a first coat so Im fully aware of missing spots here and there. It will take about 2 1/2 days to be fully done and ready to accept parts.

Have you thought about maybe a white plastic setup with some graphics with some red color in it? If there is anything out there like that for a yamaha.. A thought.

Have you thought about maybe a white plastic setup with some graphics with some red color in it? If there is anything out there like that for a yamaha.. A thought.

Think of it like this, Red and black Fasstco Flexx bars, RED RG3 S2 triple clamp, Red front and rear hubs with the red frame. I Think the blue and the bright candy red contrast very well together and plus it stands out. last thing I want is a bike that looks like millions of others.

thats cool....I want to make my frame red with black plastics.

That would be cool, do the hubs red too though, its the only way to really make her stand out.

Off the subject, sort of.

But, since you obviously took yours apart yourself....

Tearing mine down and what size is the alum. nut on top of the triple clamp?

and, is it supposed to be so damn hard to remove?:cry:

Lefty loosey, righty tighty? (normal threads)?

Lefty loosey, 19 metric with a torque wrench set at 80lbs. Not hard to get off at all for me. And just to let you guys in on something.........Its not the first time I've taken a bike apart lol:p

The top nut (the pretty aluminum one on top of the triple clamps) on my '04 measures almost 30 mm across the flats. Since it's alum-gall-strip-threadium, I want to be careful.

Is yours different?

Sorry for the duh question......

I use a 30mm on my 426:thumbsup:

You might want to consider having the hubs powdercoated...normal paint will wear and chip faster...powder coating the frame would have been a better choice as well...

You might want to consider having the hubs powdercoated...normal paint will wear and chip faster...powder coating the frame would have been a better choice as well...
I know and I figured that, but I wanted to see how it would look, then spend the $$$ to have it either anodized or powdercoated. Plus it cant hurt to try different colors. Although I probably will be sending the hubs in for powdercoating.

Red frame yellow powde coated front wheel, green powder rear wheel. Blue pastics.

You'd stand out thats for sure!!

I think it would look good with these graphics

I've been thinking about going gold on my frame but after doing it on a model I'm not sure.

30mm is the correct socket size

30mm is the correct socket size
ya, when I said 19, i was thinking of a bolt for the suspension linkage. Sorry for the mix-up. The correct size is 30mm like adaguy said.

Edit Undo?