HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tgodwin

Scored a new ride (to me) - 99 WR400

6 posts in this topic

Thanks to all of you who helped me in my quest, answering all of my ignorant questions. I picked the bike up on Friday night and got it on the trail for the first time yesturday evening. I only got to go for a short ride, but oh yes!:cry:

That bike is so much fun and so forgiving. I'm a rookie rider and didn't have any problems. The excelleration is incredible and the ride is amazing. My riding skills need to improve before I can fully appreciate this bike, but I'm ok with more ride time.

I found I need to replace my kick start arm. Where are you guys buying parts?

Congrats on owning a great bike! Every time I fire mine up I get a smile knowing that it's the right bike for me. Check bikebandit.com or ronayers.com for OEM parts at a reasonable price. Ron Ayers has an online microfice which is easy to use. Here's the part, it's $90 for a whole kick starter.

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/501_1864/starter/starter.cfm

If its makes you feel better, my old yz'ed wr400 is twice as fast as the new 450. I'm keeping it as my race bike..:cry: Congratulations anyway..:cry:

What have you done to your 450 dom. And are you serious. I wan thinking of getting a 450 in a couple years but if it isn't any more than my old wr 400 then It will be a 525 or nothing. Can't wait to get my hands on that 300 exc!