Power Now upgrade? Worth It?

:cry: Anyone tried the Power Now products? Are they worth it?
:cry:On my 470 it starts so easy you can start it by my hand :applause:And no more hot start :cry:
:cry:On my 470 it starts so easy you can start it by my hand :applause:And no more hot start :cry:

Do you have both? Power Now & Power Now Plus?

just the one between the carb and the air box

I made one for 98' WR400, cost less than $5. It really helped on the low end. I noticed the biggest difference being able to ride a gear high through turns, less shifting required.

On a side note, I don't think the gains are worth $100 from Powernow. They are pretty easy to make. Do a search and you can find directions on how to make it.

i was talking to a local pro on this and he felt he actually LOST some snap with the power now,he prefers not to run it,i would guess US slow guys may like the low end,if indeed it does help,or is this a waste of money?

On a side note, I don't think the gains are worth $100 from Powernow. They are pretty easy to make. Do a search and you can find directions on how to make it.
Yes, i beleive it is the called the Jamesnow mod if i remember correctly. I just had some sheed metal laying around so i fabbed a little somethin up from it then cut the 2 slits in the plastic intake bell or whatever with a saws all blade. Hell it fit soo perfect i didnt even have to use JB weld or anything.:cry:

I had the Power now for 18 months and was very happy. I recently bought the Power Now Plus on mine and it leaned out the 1/4 throttle range badly even using the JD blue needle was not enough. I went back to the regular Power Now only and it is a lot easier to jet. I do not recommend the Plus on our carbs. The regular Power Now (James Now) works pretty good.:cry:

I had the Power now for 18 months and was very happy. I recently bought the Power Now Plus on mine and it leaned out the 1/4 throttle range badly even using the JD blue needle was not enough. I went back to the regular Power Now only and it is a lot easier to jet. I do not recommend the Plus on our carbs. The regular Power Now (James Now) works pretty good.:cry:

This is good to know......

Hey Guys,

My .02 Cents...

I just put the Power Now in my '01 YZ426F and in my opinion, I have not found it easier to start or harder to start. What I did find was that it seemed to run cleaner, and smoother, I actually felt more of the gains in 3rd 4th and 5th gear. When I says fell more of the gains, 3rd 4th and 5th gear seem to pull better, whereas before, trying to pull a rollon wheelie was rather weak, I can do a rollon weelie in 3rd 4th and 5th gear like its nothing now, and I couldnt before. Dont get me wrong, the bike is more than capable of performing these without the Power Now installed, it just does it now with ease.

I also bought one for my counsins '04 CRF450, and he also says he doesnt think its easier to start. He mentioned it being harder, but then again, I think his jetting is off. He really didnt say much since yesterday was the first day we were both able to get out and ride due to whether here in AZ.

I know it a lot to commit for $100 bucks, and while it may seem worth it to some, it may not to others. The bigger questions is, can your pocket book afford it. If not, then trying the "JAMES" mod would be worth wild.

My opinion, I Like It!! And I will be considering the Power Now Plus..

Just my .02 cents

Power Now worked great for me. Made the low end to mid range very responsive. Also made my 01 YZ426 much easier to start. Usually 1st kick every time. Make sure you turn your fuel mixture screw out at least 2 turns for best results.

Brandon M.

jamesnow.jpg

jamesnow2.jpg

I put the power now on my 2000 YZ426 and liked the low end gain I got. My bike also seems to have better response and it seems to start better. Most of my riding is on trails, so if you're wide open on a track, you may not notice the gain in the low end. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

I had a JamesNow on my 426 and couldn't tell difference until the plate somehow got bent and made my bike run like chit. I removed it and have no plans of putting it back in.