HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wantmorepower

In what order....

5 posts in this topic

After i buy a 2005 WR450. In what order should i do the mods? I'm thinkin leaving it in stock form excluding the limited throttle during the break in period. After the 10-15 hours of break in(or however long it takes. you tell me:excuseme:) ditch the AIS,then buy a new exhaust system and a jd jetting kit, gray wire mod, etc. whats the best order?

and whats the best exhaust system for my $$$$$? i'm lookin at the pro circuit type 496. whats the best one for sound? performance? etc?

THrottle stop & grey wire...plus pull the baffle. Otherwise just go ride a PW50...it would have the same power.

I had my dealer do all of the "free mods" on my 05 WR450's 100 mile initial service; they weren’t familiar with the mods but I printed out the FAQ here showing how to do the mods on a WR250 -- did the throttle-stop, removed the baffle, disconnected the grey wire, removed the airbox snorkel.

After the mods, the WR is a beast; especially at higher revs using the extra throttle gain from the stop mod.

The bike appears to run fine; still trying to figure-out if I need to re-jet as many here do. However, after removing the exhaust baffle, you will notice the backfiring -- thus you will want to remove the AIS. That's next for me; using the LOWEDOG kit.

IMO, I would not spend $ on a pipe until you do the free mods. PMB http://www.promotobillet.com is working on a insert for the 05 WR if you need to quiet it down a bit.

Elton

It won't take 10-15 hours of break-in, more like a couple of hours. Just make sure you change the oil and filter after the break-in period.

My dealer did all but one mod before I picked my bike up. It was jetted,grey wire snipped,airbox lid pulled and the exhaust was uncorked before I even loaded it into my truck. I figure dump the AIS and I'm done... Big deal......... Talk about great service.. :cry:

No need to have an order to do things, you could get them all done at the same time..

Dan:thumbsup: