oil

I have an 05' WR 450. What oil do you guys recomend? I was going to use Valvoline's Dura Blend. Also what do you recomend to clean the drive chain? In the past I have always used kerosene, but I have recently read that it is not recomended for O-Ring chains. Thanks.

Brian

Kerosene has always been OK on O-ring chains.:cry:

The oil you suggested using is a automotive oil. Automotive type oils are not recomended oils to be used in your bike. These oils have additives in them that reduce friction that will cause your clutch to slip. You should only use a motorcycle specific oil only in you bike. Read the manual it will tell you about this. You can get motorcycle oils in synthetic or synthetic blends or just regular oil. Go to your local bike shop and they will help you decide which oil is for your liking.

I"ve always used kerosene to clean my O-ring chains.:cry:

Some say to use Mobil 1 red cap, some say not.

It's always worked for me.:cry:

Please use the search feature. I use red cap.

Use motorcycle specific oil in your bike. For the amount the bike takes, it's worth the extra price. As far as the chain goes, I use a chain specific brush to clean mine after washing. It's called a Grunge Brush and can be ordered from White Brothers. It's only $15 and last forever. It has brushes on 3 sides to clean the whole chain at once. Then you just let the chain dry after rinsing with clean water! Afterward, I warm up the chain and apply an o-ring safe lube. Has always worked for me and I seem to have better chain life than all my riding buddy's. Just my 2 cents!

I"ve always used kerosene to clean my O-ring chains.:cry:

Some say to use Mobil 1 red cap, some say not.

It's always worked for me.:cry:

full synthetic, 15W-50 i believe.

Morris Semi Motocross Oil, and I always clean with Parafin and WD40.......and re Oil with Gear Oil....