HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
inte

2002 YZ stock chain ... junk?

3 posts in this topic

I've heard a couple posts here & there that refer to the stock chain/sprockets on the YZs as junk.

I just picked up an '02 YZ426 that's completely stock ... thing looks like it's never been ridden. Rear sprocket looks great (haven't checked the CS sprocket yet), but the chain seems to be showing some wear already - I can pull it away just a bit off the back of the sprocket. After installing a new chain on my KTM 640 I don't have near the play of the YZ.

I'm just concerned about busting a chain in the middle of nowhere. Best to replace the stocker or is it no more/less reliable than any other chain?

Couple photos of the bike - you can see it's in pristine condition:

sideview

closeup1

closeup 2

closeup 3

I'm not sure what you bought the bike for but that sucker is CLEAN. Looks like you just brought it home from the dealer! :cry: