HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RdeBlue001

Getting a new bike...

16 posts in this topic

Hi, this is my first post... i have alot of questions...lol

First should i get a 05 wr450 or 250?

Right now ive got a track ready crf150 anda pos ttr 225

i like to ride street, jump and ride trails

so i want a light enough bike but is very fun and fast.

also ive heard of Motorcycle brokers.com

are they good or bad should i get from them..

thanks alot. :cry:

Both are great bikes! I would get a WR450 if you wanna ride fast! The WR250 is fast but not as fast as the WR450! I have a 2000 Yamaha WR400F and it's probably just as fast as a WR450! I have a friend who has a 2005 Honda CRF250X! It's a tight bike! It comes stock with Renthal Handlebars! :cry:

Well, from the sounds, maybe you might be better off with the WR250F? I'm not sure. What is your size, type of riding points to 250, but you might like the 450 as well. I used Motorcycle Brokers just last August, got my bike in September. Went pretty smooth. Zach can get you a Cally road title if you like, but its a little extra. His people skills need some work, but he is straight up, just not real freindly on the phone. He will speak to you like your bothering him. It made me feel uneasy as i just wired him $5600 to a foreign country, but all went well. He is an advertiser in this forum to, so thats an extra plus for him.

get the big bike, the wr250 even uncorked is like riding a moped with knobbies, and btw the 400 is not as fast as a 426 or a 450 and that is fact--just nobody has let marcus ride their bike besides his dad

I thought pretty hard about Motorcycle Brokers but decided not to. Not because of them just because in the event something was wrong with the bike I would have nowhere to go except phone calls and shipping etc. I don't doubt they would take care of any problems, but it would be a huge hassle if you have to ship it back. The wire of $5600 to anyone anywhere and waiting for the box to show up made me nervouse too. I paid a bit extra for piece of mind. I paid $6299 so it is a substantial savings.

hey thanks guys for the input

yea if i buy from motorcycle brokers will it be the canadian spec or cali spec?

also i think ill go witht the 450 but slowly take out all the restrictions so i ease in the power.

btw today my friend and i were riding some horse trails and my goggles were so fogged up and i almost went right intoa very deep river thing.. all the rain in san diego has ruined some trails... lol

how much hp and how high of a top speed do u :cry: think the wr 450 is.

hey thanks guys for the input

yea if i buy from motorcycle brokers will it be the canadian spec or cali spec?

also i think ill go witht the 450 but slowly take out all the restrictions so i ease in the power.

btw today my friend and i were riding some horse trails and my goggles were so fogged up and i almost went right intoa very deep river thing.. all the rain in san diego has ruined some trails... lol

how much hp and how high of a top speed do u :cry: think the wr 450 is.

Horsepower on the Certificate of orgin is listed at 59Hp that seems a little high to me.

Top speed: I have have mine up to 85MPH off-road and still had more left!!

The TrailTech I have said 85 MPH.

I have a WR400, and I'm sure the WR450 is more of a good thing and the E-start has to be a blessing at times. This is my first "new-school" thumper and I'm addicted. I went from a XR650L and what a world of difference. The WR is a good fit for my riding style, mostly trail riding and a bit of open desert. I also have mine street licensed but have only gone around the block on it since I got it. Yeah, the rain isn't helping things as far as trails are concerned around here. Good luck.

will the wr 450 be to much power for me or should i get a 250 witha dry weight of 228 and just trick it out fully...

thanks

so guys r u gonna tell me some more cus i could get a 03 wr450 for 5000 is that good what totally sucks is i cant gget a new bike until my dads paycheck comes in which is february 15... totally gay.. ****

YEs the smaller the bike the easier on the trails it might be.

The wr250 has some great power, but if your a big dude, you will lose alot fo that power when you ride it.

IF your a skinny loud mouth kid:D you sould be just fine and happy with it.

so guys r u gonna tell me some more cus i could get a 03 wr450 for 5000 is that good what totally sucks is i cant gget a new bike until my dads paycheck comes in which is february 15... totally gay.. ****

USE PUNCTUATION it is easier to acutually know what you are saying and helps us not make foun of you for not knowing what you have typed does anyone know what i am saying i am not making fun just giving you some pointers.

I am seriously considering both the wr250 and wr450 also. I do have questions like will the 450 be ok for a first real dirt bike for the CO. Mountains starting with no mods. I am also thinking about a 250 with free & cheap mods. Just how much power does the 450 have with no mods?