Why are Canadian 450's different?

I bought a 04' US model YZ 450F for a great price locally in July $5,700.00 out the door. I am very happy with the bike and would buy it again if I had to do it all over again. At the time I considered having a Canadian bike shipped to me. I was talked out of it because it is a different model than the ones here in the USA. I was just curious what is actually different about the Canadian models? ?? ?

the only difference is the silencer is cone shaped instead of a stinger i bought an 01 426 & a 03 450 there they both came with two complete top end kits each {rings circlips & gaskets} service manuals three jets spoke wrench& plug wrench & the rubber flap for the air box. i saved $900 on the 426 & $800 on the 450.

Correct! No contingency for Canadian imported machines in US events. Each country has a distinct company. Yamaha USA isn't too keen to pay contingency on bikes they did not import. The 30 day YZ warranty is void as well. Other manufacturers, Suzuki and Kawasaki, also take a dim view of machines brought into the USA from Canada.