Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bakeray

Case Guards

10 posts in this topic

Case guards vary in size by countershaft sprocket tooth count. Bigger the sprocket the bigger guard you'll need.

Case guards vary in size by countershaft sprocket tooth count. Bigger the sprocket the bigger guard you'll need.
Excellent :cry: This is something I did not know!!

I just installed the XR's only 14 tooth case guard on a 650R. Its a sturdy chunk of metal, and attaches to the motor mount instead of just those little 8mm bolts.

Highly reccomend it...

Ill take a look at those and the Kiwi. I am only running a 13 tooth on my bike so Im thinking I may have to get creative and make one

Reason you should use the "XR's Only Case Saver" Kiwi's is a flightless bird, do not use them for a case guard! Click Here: :cry:

Kiwi, common name applied to three species of flightless birds restricted to New Zealand and adjacent small islands. They are strictly protected, having been devastated in the 19th century by the feather trade and by introduced mammals.

Or Kiwi Fruit. Ethere way it's not a case guard! :cry:

XRs Only is the best set up I've seen. Did they fix the bolt that attaches to the engine mount? When I got mine the bolt was too long to seat in the countersink and I had to cut it down. Get the 15 and you can run any size countershaft sprocket you want. If you buy the 14, then you'll have to wallow it out to use a 15.

The Kiwi has a little indentation that fits around the subframe mount to brace it. The xrs only one has an extra bolt that attaches to the engine mount. I think they both should work OK. The Kiwi will only allow up to a 14 tooth sprocket though. If you want one, I have one up for sale on ebay right now. I am switching to the xrs only one because I need to move up to a 15 tooth sprocket due to a lot of street riding.