HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HooliKen

Help with the seat?

9 posts in this topic

After taking a couple of longer rides on my XR-R I have come to the conclusion that the stock seat really, really sux azz. What do you folks recommend for a replacement\fix?

I went with the tall soft seat foam from Baja Designs and except for the change of lines it creates it was worlds better on the old backside. I ended up putting a rear fender bag on behind the seat and it makes the transition much better beside being handy for maps, tools, etc.... No more :cry: for me.

I'm thinking the same thing about my 650 seat... I also have a KTM which does have the worlds hardest, narrowest seat; it makes the XR feel like your favorite couch. I have tried all of the aftermarket complete seats and have never found anything that matches the GUTS seat foams. I'd go for a GUTS tall soft foam and gripper seat cover.

I went with the tall soft seat foam and their matching red/black gripper seat cover with no logos from Guts Racing since they make the seat foam & covers for Baja Designs. It's a nice imrovment for taller riders and especially nice on those longer rides.

I went with the tall soft seat foam from Baja Designs and except for the change of lines it creates it was worlds better on the old backside. I ended up putting a rear fender bag on behind the seat and it makes the transition much better beside being handy for maps, tools, etc.... No more :cry: for me.

this is what i did also.............

here is a picture

jeff :cry:

I too have a GUTS tall/soft foam with gripper cover. Not only is it MUCH more comfortable, but at 6'1" I can grip the taller seat with my knees, giving me more control and making it easier to stay where I want on the bike. That, plus the gipper cover, let me ride better with less energy, using my legs to hold on and giving my arms a break.

Peter

I'm 6'6" and am using the GUTS tall/firm seat and it's much better for someone my height, but I am thinking about having them add another inch to help me strech out a little more. Have any of you tall guys out there done this?

I am 6'5" so I feel your pain bro!! That is what I also wanted to know is if the tall seat foam really does help?