Help with the seat?

After taking a couple of longer rides on my XR-R I have come to the conclusion that the stock seat really, really sux azz. What do you folks recommend for a replacement\fix?

I went with the tall soft seat foam from Baja Designs and except for the change of lines it creates it was worlds better on the old backside. I ended up putting a rear fender bag on behind the seat and it makes the transition much better beside being handy for maps, tools, etc.... No more :cry: for me.

I'm thinking the same thing about my 650 seat... I also have a KTM which does have the worlds hardest, narrowest seat; it makes the XR feel like your favorite couch. I have tried all of the aftermarket complete seats and have never found anything that matches the GUTS seat foams. I'd go for a GUTS tall soft foam and gripper seat cover.

Thanks!! Ya'll are da poop!!

I went with the tall soft seat foam and their matching red/black gripper seat cover with no logos from Guts Racing since they make the seat foam & covers for Baja Designs. It's a nice imrovment for taller riders and especially nice on those longer rides.

I went with the tall soft seat foam from Baja Designs and except for the change of lines it creates it was worlds better on the old backside. I ended up putting a rear fender bag on behind the seat and it makes the transition much better beside being handy for maps, tools, etc.... No more :cry: for me.

this is what i did also.............

here is a picture

jeff :cry:

I too have a GUTS tall/soft foam with gripper cover. Not only is it MUCH more comfortable, but at 6'1" I can grip the taller seat with my knees, giving me more control and making it easier to stay where I want on the bike. That, plus the gipper cover, let me ride better with less energy, using my legs to hold on and giving my arms a break.

Peter

I'm 6'6" and am using the GUTS tall/firm seat and it's much better for someone my height, but I am thinking about having them add another inch to help me strech out a little more. Have any of you tall guys out there done this?

I am 6'5" so I feel your pain bro!! That is what I also wanted to know is if the tall seat foam really does help?