HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sanpedro426

Hey One and All

6 posts in this topic

Hey everyone ,first off i must compliment everyone on a GREAT site. It is well maintained and VERY informative. I have a question concerning clutch covers for the 2002 yz426f. I beefed it and put a crack in the clutch cover. Actually i went down and a rock bashed the rear brake into the cover. I was able to take off the cover, do some grinding , to get clearance between the cover and clutch hub. Cleaned it up with acetone and J B welded it. I was riding the next day (with a cracked rib). It held and is still holding. However im sure i dont want to have this as a permanent fix. I called Boyesen and the lady told me they dont have a clutch cover for the 426 WHAT THE H*$#@L. Anybody have any ideas for aftermarket covers that arent $100 bucks. :cry:

Ebay, or post a want add in the TT buy / sell forums.

I cracked my clutch cover once before, and I was lucky to pick mine up for 40 bucks.

I have one from my 2000 426 that is slightly damaged, but does not leak. A rock nailed the bottom-most bolt and cracked the area over the bolt. The cover was fine, but I'm anal and wanted it replaced so I bought one from a fellow TT'er. If you want it then its yours..... and I'm in Long Beach so I'm right next door.