HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rick_pereira

Wr 400-backfireing

2 posts in this topic

Hey ,for all of you !!!!

I am from Portugal and have wr 400 (00) .

Ok, i only ried sunday mornings with the gays and i am having the fallowing problem, the bike starts great and for a few miles it runs great to(clean acceleration in all rpm and throttle range) but when the engine starts to warms up it bigins to backfire and it feels like it´s going to stall after 1/2 throttle :cry: but if i keep riding it only up to 1/3 of throttle comes up to be ok again(clean acceleration in all rpm and throttle range) doring the rest of the ride if i give it throttle to fast at low rpm it does the same thing again ,then again if i keep ridin only up to 1/3 of throttle for a while it will be ok again. Carb. and ingene have all original parts (eccept for exaust pipe), settings are acording to specification book.

If any of you cold help i would apriciate :cry:

Thanks and sory about the inglis!!!!!

Sounds like you need to do some jetting for that aftermarket pipe,

you might want to go to a larger main jet for starters and post

your message in the jetting thread of Thumpertalk.

G. Luck