Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Team_Oatmeal_Pie

Urgent IMS tank does it take YZ seat or WR seat

13 posts in this topic

Funny after all the threads I searched with Ims in it and all the ims owners, no one seems to know. Not even the dude at Ims when I called him?????????

I'll bite............

The seat doesn't matter at all. When you get the new tank you'll need the YZ shrouds not the seat.... :cry::cry:

Dan

I would think that if you ordered a tank for a WR then your stock seat should work, therefore if you ordred a new seat to fit a WR, it should fit your new tank designed for a WR : :cry::lol: I think I may have confused myself :cry::cry: Good luck :cry::cry:

Sorry should have specified adding moose (stiff as a board) tall seat.

Have an 00 with IMS and YZ Moose tall seat, but after reading all the goofy things about the IMS tank for the 04 (dual fuel lines, bad fit, etc) I thought I would ask some one who maybe had done it since things may have changed in 4 years.

BTW my 00 with IMS tank wouldnt take the stock wr seat, too much kick in the nose for me, looked goofy, with the gap at the front.

Still cant believe guy at IMS didnt know, told me to call SDG.

the yz and the wr seat are different where the knob that holds them to the tank is located. my clarke tank accepts both seats and has two positions for that knob. the yz is about 1" farther forward than the wr. :cry: like said, it'll only matter if you ordered a yz tank.

Sorry should have specified adding moose (stiff as a board) tall seat.

Have an 00 with IMS and YZ Moose tall seat, but after reading all the goofy things about the IMS tank for the 04 (dual fuel lines, bad fit, etc) I thought I would ask some one who maybe had done it since things may have changed in 4 years.

BTW my 00 with IMS tank wouldnt take the stock wr seat, too much kick in the nose for me, looked goofy, with the gap at the front.

Still cant believe guy at IMS didnt know, told me to call SDG.

By the way you posted it sounded like you had an 04 WR.. That's cool..

But, If you're getting the IMS YZ 3.x tank for your 00WR400 you'll need to get a YZ seat and YZ shrouds, no way around it..

CF58, the tank is Natural. If I were to do it all over again I would not buy the IMS tank again, it rubs against the valve cover badly (yes I used all the correct hardware) , it also has two petcocks instead of one. Also, when you run out of gas, there's still gas on the right side of the bike, you have to get off the bike and lean it to the left to get going again.. Go Clarke..

Dan :cry:

I just purchased the ims tanks for 04 wr450 now I want a taller seat, do I order the WR or Yz seat. Any one????????

Thanks in advance

It sounds like you have an 04 WR450 is this true, or do you have an 00 Wr 400? :cry: The answer is easy once we know the which bike it is for. :cry:

I am lucky to have both the 00 and 04.

I had the 00 since new and back then the IMS seat required you to get a yz style seat.

I just bought an 04, with 170 miles on it for $5500, showroom condition, so I started ordering goodies for it. Like the IMS tank, I searched all the posts and there wasnt a specific reference to which style seat, although Off-road.com said you need yz shrouds with the IMS tank? So I called ThumperRacing in Texas and they didnt know exactly which seat, so I called IMS, they told me to call SDG. And I originally ordered the tank from RockyMT, so long story short I needed a quick answer, so I could included it with my order from TR. And the TT gang was again nice enough to clue me in that the tank has the ability to move the knob for what ever seat I want.

I am setting this one up right, from the start.

I ordered, skid plate , frame guards, chain slider, Zipty fuel screw, mag drain plug, full powernow set up, renthal Jimmy Button High bends, hand guards, JD jetting , mx fender & plate, TR rad guards , 1.5" bar risers, moose tall seat. Will ride it a bit then have Race Tech do their magic get a new pipe.