Spark Plug Coil

Are there any tricks out there for removing the spark plug coil? When I go to take mine off, I have to use the Kung-Fu death grip - I pull so hard it feels like I'm gonna snap off the coil wire receptacle! Is this typical?

Yes it is a tricky lift. You really need to bend it as you lift it up past the frame it get easier as you do it more often. :cry:

Thanks again Indy. Can I call you the Righteous Reply-Meister?

Call me anything but Marcus or Ruprick : :cry:

Give it a "twist" to break is lose from the plugs porcelain. After this, then its a little eaiser to remove. Always twist before pulling. But like the others said, you have to bend it a bit.

Ah, he is just doing that to hit the 3000 post mark. (just fooling, Indy knows WR's!)

Ah, he is just doing that to hit the 3000 post mark. (just fooling, Indy knows WR's!)

Thanks Toyota,

Think I'll go out in the garage and practice the "twist and bend" a few times while I've got my tank off. Hope I never have to do it on the trail. Plug access is one of the few things I miss from my days of riding two-strokes. I think twice now about getting into situations where I might possibly flood out the bike. Used to be no big deal.

mjslim, while its out, use a can of silicone spray and lightly coat the outside and a smidge on the inside of the coil wire. It makes removal easier afterwards.

Cool tip, I'll give it a go.............