05wr450 fuel mixture screw

How do you get the block out to the fuel mixture screw out?

loosen the carb so you can get to the bottom.Then drill out the plug.Go slow it's very soft.

Use a hook pick and pry it out

Thanks a lot guys! I'll get on it.

dezdog

You can also try to screw a coarse (wood or metal) screw into it until it grips and pull it out with pliers. Worked for me. (you are discarding the cover...so you are not worried about messing it up).

how ever you get it out, be carfull. the adjuster is right under it.

I took off the bowl. Placed the bowl between two 2x4's and used a punch. A couple of light hammer hits and it popped out.

Maybe I am missing somthing here... they blocked off the fuel screw on the '05 WR?? &%$#@!!?

loosen the carb so you can get to the bottom.Then drill out the plug.Go slow it's very soft.
I'm confused! Isn't the mixture screw on the '05 behind the silver plug thats right above the choke knob? Why loosen to get to bottom?
I'm confused! Isn't the mixture screw on the '05 behind the silver plug thats right above the choke knob? Why loosen to get to bottom?

No, the mixture screw is on the bottom of the carb next to the float bowl. It's got a small plug covering it. I just used a small punch and pryed it out. No drilling necessary. Just find something to jab in the hole and pry that sucker out.

Take the float bowl off the bottom of the carb and pop the cap off that covers the hole and remove the fuel screw and replace it with a Zip/Ty Fuel screw.