HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MudFlap

Scotts Damper Question?

3 posts in this topic

Does anybody know if a Scotts damper will fit a stock 2005 WR450F? I have read that the cross bar on the stock Renthal bars that come with the WR interfere with the damper. I have also read that Renthal makes a bowed cross bar but will not sell it seperately. :cry:

I would wait until Scotts makes a complete kit for the 05 with rubber mounted Pro taper bars and new top triple clamp. You choose your bend and they wil send you a complet kit. If you dont like the vibration on the WR or ride a lot you will want the rubber mounted bars. I think the 05 frame is different in the steering head to provide a lower center of gravity feel over the previous models. So I would confirm the 05 kit is different than an 03/04 kit. I am real happy with my complete Scotts kit and have had in on the bike since January 2003 without even bending the bars. :cry: The rubber mounts and bark busters really protect the bars. Tha bark busters take a beating and I end up putting new ones on every 6 months. :cry: