HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Domenic_WRF

Yet another 05 Question.....

7 posts in this topic

Haven't even rode the new bike yet, been raining and snowing.. :lol: Noticed my forks were twisted in the clamps, needed to lube the steering bearings anyway.. :cry: Decided why not lube the swing arm and linkage while its raining.. :cry: noticed no master link in the chain and was thinking maybe its a good time for a sprocket and chain change.. :cry: Anyone change their rear ratio? I like a 52 on my 400, wonder if that is too low for the 450? I ride single track, tight woods, slow and steep.. :cry: Thanks and happy new year.. :cry:

the 04 I rode seemed a little tall in the gears than my wr 400. I would think a 52 would work out well for you. This weather sucks.

the 04 I rode seemed a little tall in the gears than my wr 400. I would think a 52 would work out well for you. This weather sucks.

I guess I'm lucky to have three bikes to work on.. :cry: Back to the garage, take care and have a safe new year.. :cry:

Domenic

ride it first. you might like it just the way it is. there's nothing wrong with the stock chain and sprocket quality. you can always drop the counter shaft size one tooth and see if it's what your after. they're cheap and you can use the stock "endless" chain.

I have a new 13 tooth I bought and never used, looks like the same part number as for a 450. The Yamaha website mentions new rear sprocket for 2005 :cry: wonder whats new about them.. :cry: Thanks