whats a good price on a used 01 yzf426

Seems like area really does make a difference in price. I'm in Southern CA & just bought a bike 3 days ago. Very expensive in my area - driving two hours away I saw much lower prices ...?

I ended up with a PRISTINE '02 426 for $3700.

There are good deals around on '03 & '04 450's but you can't green sticker anything newer than '02 in CA ?

This is what $3700 gets you (those are the original tires):

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

was that bike ever ridden!?!? i rode mine once and after it didnt look close to that lol

I was told it was just "ridden a few times with the kids" type of thing. I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt & assume it's been ridden a lot more. This one seems like it was used less. I only have one 1/2-day ride & there are a few marks from the boots on the bike - there were none before the ride.

I had one guy try & tell me his '01 only had four rides on it total - yet it had a new chain & sprockets(!?) He said the stock stuff is cheap & the "power" of the bike completely wore out the chain & sprockets in four rides ?

I Have A 2002 In San Antonio Tx I Have Riden It A Decent Amount But I Take Very Good Care Of My Bikes And Have Three. Just Got A 2004 Yz450 And Need To Sell The 02 426

Its Got A White Bro Exhausr And Some Small Mods

Oil And Filter Changed Every 3 Rides And Filter Cleaned Every Other

Ill Take 3000

well i got her....an 01 with low hourse in excellent shape for 2 grand. Also got a bunch of extras with it. Anyone wanna buy the extra tank i have (used)??? its stock size....pics will be comin of the bike

well i got her....an 01 with low hourse in excellent shape for 2 grand. Also got a bunch of extras with it. Anyone wanna buy the extra tank i have (used)??? its stock size....pics will be comin of the bike

congrats! ?

Hey Bud,

Is the extra Tank the stock Blue, or is it White. I am looking for a WHITE 426 Gas tank to match my new plastics and graphics.

I bought mine from a buddy for $2500, and it was worked, but a solid bike. He was gonna sell it for $3k, and gave it to me for 2500. I have still sunk a ton of $$ into it, but I am happy now, still working up to the final product, primarily cosmetics, and a few internals, just got the frame back from the powder coaters on Friday, slowly but surely...

$2500
In So. Cal that will buy one with a blown up motor. I bought my 02 YZ426 almost 1 year ago, private party, and got a deal at $3600. It came with a lot of good extras & looked as if it came off the showroom floor.

mybike.bmp

Numbers are gone & it has yellow backgrounds now.