HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AV8OR

whats a good price on a used 01 yzf426

18 posts in this topic

Im looking for a used yzf 426.....what would be a good price for a 2001 in good condition? What do you consider high?

Wow, they go for about 3700-3800 around here, but i got mine for 3000, was a great deal, on a great barely used bike!!

Not to brag, but I bought mine off ebay from a guy in Texas for $1600. Low hours, good condition. Here in Wyoming they are still over $3500.

Seems like area really does make a difference in price. I'm in Southern CA & just bought a bike 3 days ago. Very expensive in my area - driving two hours away I saw much lower prices ...?

I ended up with a PRISTINE '02 426 for $3700.

There are good deals around on '03 & '04 450's but you can't green sticker anything newer than '02 in CA :cry:

This is what $3700 gets you (those are the original tires):

pic 1

pic 2

pic 3

pic 4

pic 5

Holy shit dude id say that thing is in PRISTINE condition!! My bike was Mint when i bought it too, had some paint rubbed off on the frame but not bad!!

was that bike ever ridden!?!? i rode mine once and after it didnt look close to that lol

I was told it was just "ridden a few times with the kids" type of thing. I always take stuff like that with a grain of salt & assume it's been ridden a lot more. This one seems like it was used less. I only have one 1/2-day ride & there are a few marks from the boots on the bike - there were none before the ride.

I had one guy try & tell me his '01 only had four rides on it total - yet it had a new chain & sprockets(!?) He said the stock stuff is cheap & the "power" of the bike completely wore out the chain & sprockets in four rides :cry:

I Have A 2002 In San Antonio Tx I Have Riden It A Decent Amount But I Take Very Good Care Of My Bikes And Have Three. Just Got A 2004 Yz450 And Need To Sell The 02 426

Its Got A White Bro Exhausr And Some Small Mods

Oil And Filter Changed Every 3 Rides And Filter Cleaned Every Other

Ill Take 3000

thanks for the help guys....i think i found one here in WV...ill post some pics and such when I get her.

well i got her....an 01 with low hourse in excellent shape for 2 grand. Also got a bunch of extras with it. Anyone wanna buy the extra tank i have (used)??? its stock size....pics will be comin of the bike

well i got her....an 01 with low hourse in excellent shape for 2 grand. Also got a bunch of extras with it. Anyone wanna buy the extra tank i have (used)??? its stock size....pics will be comin of the bike

congrats! :cry:

Hey Bud,

Is the extra Tank the stock Blue, or is it White. I am looking for a WHITE 426 Gas tank to match my new plastics and graphics.

I bought mine from a buddy for $2500, and it was worked, but a solid bike. He was gonna sell it for $3k, and gave it to me for 2500. I have still sunk a ton of $$ into it, but I am happy now, still working up to the final product, primarily cosmetics, and a few internals, just got the frame back from the powder coaters on Friday, slowly but surely...

tank is blue....sorry...paint it...lol I want to get a bigger tank to use for street. My bike is in great shape...so far so good.

$2500
In So. Cal that will buy one with a blown up motor. I bought my 02 YZ426 almost 1 year ago, private party, and got a deal at $3600. It came with a lot of good extras & looked as if it came off the showroom floor.

mybike.bmp

Numbers are gone & it has yellow backgrounds now.