Good Pro Tapers for tall rider?

This seems to be a perpetual problem of mine; I always have straight arms and a bent back/knees because I'm so tall( 6'4" to be exact). On my '92 CR250 it was really a nuisance and while my current 600 isnt as bad, I think I could use a taller bar. I would like to stay with Pro Tapers, but will consider others. Does anyone in my height range(or knowledge of it) have a suggestion or recommendation?

Tag makes the T2 kit which comes with oversized bars, the mounts and a bar pad for $129.99. They are available in the CR double Hi bend which is 8/10" taller that the CR Hi's, plus the mounts add 3/4" of rise to the bars too. So thats a pretty good height increase for not alot of $$

You can go with CR High bars with a GPR Type II damper (under bar design) and this will lift your bars significantly.

If you look in the catalogs, the bars measurements are shown in sweep back from center and rise above center. Compare the different manufactures until you find the one you want. Tag Metals makes a bar and I don't remember the bend, that by the sweep and rise numbers was the highest/straighest bar I could find.

You can go with CR High bars with a GPR Type II damper (under bar design) and this will lift your bars significantly.

that is what i have on my 650r and love it i am 6'5" and it is still kind of short but a hell of alot better. plus the stabilizer has saved my ass a couple of times well worth the 500 bucks imho

mike

that is what i have on my 650r and love it i am 6'5" and it is still kind of short but a hell of alot better. plus the stabilizer has saved my ass a couple of times well worth the 500 bucks imho

mike

i am 6' 4" and i have this set up also

pic 1

pic 2

or - you can go with the thumper racing bar risers and the renthal jimmy buttons

pic 3

pic 4

jeff ?

Well, I'm not going to waste a $10 set of grips just find out what bend I have.

I went with the Tusk 7/8" to 1 1/8" adapters and Longhorn CR Hi bend bars. It is much better. Here are some before and after pics.

Before 1

Before 2

After 1

After 2

Now I am waiting for the big bar adapters for the Bark Busters.

Hope it helps

Those pictures help. My Tapers look similar in bend/height to your "before" bars.

I looked at my triple clamp and bar mounts and didnt realize that it woud be so easy to make new riser bottom halves. I work in a machine shop, so it wouldnt be hard.

I can take closer pics if you want and take some measurements.

I thought about the same thing but for $35.00 for the adapters and $39.00 for the bars I chose the easy route. ?

Thats the other thing; most of the time it costs less for me to buy what I want than it does to build it. An example is when I built a pile of small increment jets for my carb before I knew my jetting problem was largely a bad coil connection. ? On the other hand, Kehin jets arent the most accurately made things in the world. Mine get incrementally larger by .0005", while Kehins can vary .001" between two of the same sized jets. It only cost me about $10 to make each jet and would cost $5 to buy them.

The only exception is if something doesnt exist. Thanks for the measurement offer, but I have the parts I would duplicate on my bike and its always easier having one to look at/compare to in my hand.