HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dualsport newbie

Honda Tie Wraps

11 posts in this topic

i know what you're thinking. dualsport newbie with another retarded question! this one takes the cake though! where can i get those black tie wraps that come on the stock XR650L? the ones that allow you to tighten and loosen. when messing with the wiring you don't have to cut them and put new ones on after you're done. how cool is that. they are used for all of the wiring on the bike? i think those are the coolest tie wraps!

To tell the truth, I have no idea. Regular zip-ties are easy, but you might ask the parts guy at a Honda dealer or perhaps and electrician.

You question only sounds retarded, but is actually kinda hard.

If you're lucky try and find the Acerbis tie wraps that are used for their fork/disc guards. They are the first super strong and resusable ones I've seen that really work. If not, just get a bunch of the sacrificial (one time use) ones from Home Creepshow. Cheap and you'll find many more places to add them, carb & fuel hoses, misc wiring, strapping your tires to your rims...

You could always try the Honda shop for the original wraps, but you're going to pay for it. I reuse the originals until they die (takes a long time), and buy the "40000 tie wraps for $5" at the local hardware or automotive store for everything else.

If you get a flat, this is a great way to keep the tire on the rim so you can get to where you can repair it. :cry:

Hunh, that's a good one...Have to admit I haven't heard of that one, yet. :cry:

I'll use rimlocks myself, but it would sure be better to use wraps than nothing at all!

Too cool:cool:

I use rim locks as well, but if you get a flat, the tire will still want to slip of the rim where the rim lock is not holding it down. Use the zip ties to support the tire where the rim lock is not holding. Its like riding with 2psi :cry: and can get you out of a tight spot. :cry:

2 psi.... :cry: ...so I just shift into "Bernie Schrieber" mode on my BRP. .. :cry:

I'll shove some bigger wraps in my pack......Thanks for the tip, cheff....

Just goes to show one is never to old to learn new ways to get one's butt out of the Mojave Desert! :cry:

2 psi.... :cry: ...so I just shift into "Bernie Schrieber" mode on my BRP. .. :cry:

I'll shove some bigger wraps in my pack......Thanks for the tip, cheff....

Just goes to show one is never to old to learn new ways to get one's butt out of the Mojave Desert! :cry:

Or if you're prerunning or riding in Mex. Preparation is key to making back to Point 'A', which is always the goal, especially with a big DS bike.