HEADS UP!!!

Site upgrade in progress... Core site functions are working, but some non-critical features/functions will be temporarily unavailable while we work to restore them over the next couple of weeks.

Please post any bugs you encounter, but before you do, check to see if it's already listed.

Thanks for your patience while we work to improve the community.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ranger_426F

05 450, If you were doing it over

4 posts in this topic

I have a 05 YZ450 sitting in my garage at home and was wondering what to get for it that I don't already have, "been in Iraq for damn near a year". So my question is for those that have the bike and wish when they would have done something different or more than what they ended up doing to make it the way they want. Now I raide mostly MX and have a 02 426 that I can swap some stuff out.

Parts that will Swap:

JD Kit

Ironman 51 tooth Rear

DID ERT 520 chain

A new triple clamp and some protapers are on the list but I will wait until they are mission INOP first. Tires are also on the near term list.

My first worry was getting protection for the bike meaning the radiators. The first day I had the bike, I hadn't even started it yet and the wind caught and it fell over on a brick and caved in a radiator. :cry: I have since installed Rooster Performance radiator guards and skid plate. Also replaced stock oil filter with a Scott wire mesh reusable filter. :cry:

I have a 05 YZ450 sitting in my garage at home and was wondering what to get for it that I don't already have, "been in Iraq for damn near a year". So my question is for those that have the bike and wish when they would have done something different or more than what they ended up doing to make it the way they want. Now I raide mostly MX and have a 02 426 that I can swap some stuff out.

Parts that will Swap:

JD Kit

Ironman 51 tooth Rear

DID ERT 520 chain

A new triple clamp and some protapers are on the list but I will wait until they are mission INOP first. Tires are also on the near term list.

A lot can be purchased to make it like you like. I would buy the Zipty adj fuel screw - maybe a Twin airpowerflow kit with powernow and power plus - this really works well with the JD Jetting kit - Suspension can be done to your liking - send it to Enzo for the best - a cam change will really help the 05 out - in the power dept then add a nice pipe .....this list can be endless......decide what is the end result you would like for your ride to be like then budget and buy! :cry: