WR-250-400-426 question

Hi,

Just sold my DT 200 and am now in the market for a WR 250, 400 or 426(4stk of course). Do any of these bikes come standard with any form of ignition lock?? Also what year did they start putting the titanium valves in? Does the 2000 model WR have this motor that is capable of 13000rpm??

After looking for a 2nd hand model, it is evident that the 4 stroke 250 is rare as hens teeth. I was also wondering owners find the maintenance of these bikes as they seem like they would be a dollar hungry machine in comparison the XR.

Thanks for the help

Hi Dave,

I just purchased a 01 WR426F a few months ago! First year for Ti-valves I believe. I'm

fairly happy with my purchase so far. After a few eves. of fixing the hp-robbing mods and regreasing the bike, changing the fork fluids and such. I just ride it and it makes me smile! The owners manual is above par and with the advice of this group(Top-Notch) You won't be spending any $$ you don't want too!

I added ProTapers, Works Perf. Frame Protectors and skidplate and Acerbis Rally Guards. My next purchase will be a YZF tank and seat so I can get my lazy ass more forward on the bike. The suspension is excellent for a stock bike.

I probably would have been happy with a XR400

or DRZ400 but excess horsepower is just too much fun. Good luck on your purchase!

Bryce

------------------

Bryce Senff

WMRRA #201

WR426F

TL1000SV

CBR900RR

Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!

Is there a significant difference between a 2000 model and a 2001?? The Ti valves must make some difference as they are lighter.

Hi Dave,

At first the moto-mags were saying that the ti-valves are lighter, so the motor revs quicker. This may be partly true, but since ti-valves are stronger you can have steeper cam-lobe angles(Valves open quicker and stay open longer).

Hope this helps,

Bryce

------------------

Bryce Senff

WMRRA #201

WR426F

TL1000SV

CBR900RR

Oh it's Good to Be Back on a Dirtbike!